pat pat pat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dWiz

...ndn...
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
for those of you that have taken the DAT, and did well on the PAT;

which of the following is a better resource to use for practicing (assuming that you used one or the other) :

acethedat or datachiever.

thhssz

Members don't see this ad.

dWiz said:
for those of you that have taken the DAT, and did well on the PAT;

which of the following is a better resource to use for practicing (assuming that you used one or the other) :

acethedat or datachiever.

thhssz

i would say DATAchiever only becuase AceTheDat is online and not a piece of software that you can use and reuse. i have used both. it would be ideal if you can get both.

cowsgomoo said:
i would say DATAchiever only becuase AceTheDat is online and not a piece of software that you can use and reuse. i have used both. it would be ideal if you can get both.

i may be wrong, but i think they are both worth about $50. I don't want to spend a 100 dollars to get both!!

Which one do u feel prepares u better for the Pat. I've heard that acethdat has some really hard PAT questions and gives you good practice for the real thing. Would u agree? or is achiever better...

dWiz said:
i may be wrong, but i think they are both worth about $50. I don't want to spend a 100 dollars to get both!!

Which one do u feel prepares u better for the Pat. I've heard that acethdat has some really hard PAT questions and gives you good practice for the real thing. Would u agree? or is achiever better...

If you’re looking for the hardest questions out there for the PAT I would get acethedat. I think datachiever has pretty hard questions too plus you get much better science questions as the acethedat tests are riddled with errors.

Members don't see this ad :)
cowsgomoo said:
If you’re looking for the hardest questions out there for the PAT I would get acethedat. I think datachiever has pretty hard questions too plus you get much better science questions as the acethedat tests are riddled with errors.

I think what makes DAT Achiever a better choice is the unique 3D solutions not found in other guides. I also observed that its QRT has got quite a handful of word problem questions pretty close to what you're going see on the test day. :thumbup:

mitshi said:
I think what makes DAT Achiever a better choice is the unique 3D solutions not found in other guides. I also observed that its QRT has got quite a handful of word problem questions pretty close to what you're going see on the test day. :thumbup:

Yeah true but I did not find those 3D guides to be too helpful as most likely you are not going to see those same figures of the real thing. To tell you the truth I did not even review the pat sections to see what I had gotten wrong. I think the only thing you need is practice then you start formulating strategies in your head to solve them.

cowsgomoo said:
Yeah true but I did not find those 3D guides to be too helpful as most likely you are not going to see those same figures of the real thing. To tell you the truth I did not even review the pat sections to see what I had gotten wrong. I think the only thing you need is practice then you start formulating strategies in your head to solve them.

3D guides basically serve to help attest/affirm what you've formulated in your mind. To the majority, it's going to be an indispensable tool, since these 3D figures come in to the guide as solutions and not part of the questions. When used in the right manner, it will prove to be a very useful tool to supplement/complement your mental perception.