1. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

Pat q

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by mh0000, Aug 9, 2011.

1. mh0000

My DAT is tomorrow and I wanted to clarify the rules for cube counting. Can two cubes on the same level be connected only at their corners (like on a checkers/chess board of the same color), or must they be connected by their full side/face? I seem to recall several practice tests with them connected at their corners, and statements made by others that they claim the DAT had cubes connected by their corners. I certainly don't want to miss any cubes on a false assumption. Thanks everyone

2. canadiense

7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I take the DAT tomorrow too. I am starting to freak out a little. As for the cube counting, I can't say for sure I would just be prepared for anything.

Best of luck tomorrow!

3. wired202808

wired202808 Membership Revoked
    Removed 5+ Year Member

http://www.ada.org/sections/educationAndCareers/pdfs/dat_tutorialDOTpdf

Replace DOT with a .

You should see all the rules I believe these are official and should answer your Q.

4. mh0000

Thanks. Although I still can't say with certainty that corner-corner connections are or are not allowed based on the rules, the only time a cube will exist is if it is required to support a column (obviously) or a distinct line indicates a cube actually exists where a degree of ambiguity may exist. I do read that the real thing is quite clear, so perhaps this is a non-issue, but I figured I might as well seek clarification.

5. needzmoar

gl tomorrow man :thumbup:

6. mh0000

thanks. I haven't looked at DAT material in two weeks due to family issues (and had to push my test date back till tomorrow because of it), so I'm a little worried I'm a bit rusty on PAT. I guess I'll be spending a few hours before work to go over CDP and achiever PAT again. Ugh, I hate achiever's keyholes... When is your DAT needz? You really shouldn't need this much time to destroy it. lol

7. needzmoar

damn that sucks, sorry to hear that :/ . Thankfully, the PAT isn't averaged into your AA which I'm sure will be f'ing high :thumbup: . I'm taking it in a week or so. I had to push it back because of summer school. GL tomorrow and try to take it easy after work.