Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Pat q

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by mh0000, Aug 9, 2011.

1. mh0000

My DAT is tomorrow and I wanted to clarify the rules for cube counting. Can two cubes on the same level be connected only at their corners (like on a checkers/chess board of the same color), or must they be connected by their full side/face? I seem to recall several practice tests with them connected at their corners, and statements made by others that they claim the DAT had cubes connected by their corners. I certainly don't want to miss any cubes on a false assumption. Thanks everyone

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. canadiense

Pre-Dental
    I take the DAT tomorrow too. I am starting to freak out a little. As for the cube counting, I can't say for sure I would just be prepared for anything.

Best of luck tomorrow!

4. wired202808

wired202808 Membership Revoked
    Removed 5+ Year Member

http://www.ada.org/sections/educationAndCareers/pdfs/dat_tutorialDOTpdf

Replace DOT with a .

You should see all the rules I believe these are official and should answer your Q.

5. mh0000

Thanks. Although I still can't say with certainty that corner-corner connections are or are not allowed based on the rules, the only time a cube will exist is if it is required to support a column (obviously) or a distinct line indicates a cube actually exists where a degree of ambiguity may exist. I do read that the real thing is quite clear, so perhaps this is a non-issue, but I figured I might as well seek clarification.

6. needzmoar

gl tomorrow man :thumbup:

7. mh0000

thanks. I haven't looked at DAT material in two weeks due to family issues (and had to push my test date back till tomorrow because of it), so I'm a little worried I'm a bit rusty on PAT. I guess I'll be spending a few hours before work to go over CDP and achiever PAT again. Ugh, I hate achiever's keyholes... When is your DAT needz? You really shouldn't need this much time to destroy it. lol

8. needzmoar

damn that sucks, sorry to hear that :/ . Thankfully, the PAT isn't averaged into your AA which I'm sure will be f'ing high :thumbup: . I'm taking it in a week or so. I had to push it back because of summer school. GL tomorrow and try to take it easy after work.