pat question wrong answer keyhole?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spoog74

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
how the hell is the answer b? I think c.... B is just erroneous isnt it?

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• pat  hhuh.jpg
    pat hhuh.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 84
I agree that this is a tricky question but if you look closely you can see that the back right end is slightly larger than the other sides

Members don't see this ad :)
I say B....The back of the piece is longer at the back end than the front end. Definitely a tricky one!

If you refer to the image I attached to this post, It appears choice B represents the shape being passed through in the direction of the red arrow. Choice C appears to be the correct opening if the shape is passed through in the direction of the black arrow. How is it possible to determine the green part exists on the bottom of the shape (present in Choice B but not C) without any more evidence?
I say B....The back of the piece is longer at the back end than the front end. Definitely a tricky one!
I agree that this is a tricky question but if you look closely you can see that the back right end is slightly larger than the other sides
Can you two try to describe what you mean in a different way?

Edit: What practice exam program is this from, by the way?

Attachments

• pat  hhuh.jpg
    pat hhuh.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I've zoomed in and cropped the image to get a better view. On the top red line I've just connected the two points on the image shown. The bottom red line is just a duplicate of the original that I've moved to align with the bottom surface. As you can see from the arrow the right side is a bit larger than the left side. Again this is a really tricky question and hopefully the actual test won't give you something this tricky.

Attachments

• pat  hhuh1.jpg
    pat hhuh1.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 39
I've zoomed in and cropped the image to get a better view. On the top red line I've just connected the two points on the image shown. The bottom red line is just a duplicate of the original that I've moved to align with the bottom surface. As you can see from the arrow the right side is a bit larger than the left side. Again this is a really tricky question and hopefully the actual test won't give you something this tricky.

Ah, I see it now. Very subtle! Thanks for the explanation.

yes, and this type of question (hiding that corner) is totally fair game for the actual PAT!