vr4rider

10+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2008
Status
A and B are similar, however:

B is incorrect because the reason is that: the vertical lines of the cube in B is perpendicular to the ground. Another way to look at this same picture is: the vertical lines of the cube is perpendicular to the longest horizontal piece (the bottom piece) that would be the ground/base. Another way to look at this same picture is: the horizontal lines of the cube are parallel with the ground.

Look at the unfolded piece: you will notice the vertical lines of what would make up the cube is not perpendicular to the longest horizonal line (the ground/base). Another way to examine this is: you will notice the horizontal lines that would make up the cube is not parallel to the longest horizontal line (ground/base).

Therefore, B is eliminated and you are left with A as the right answer.

Hope this helps.

UCSD6

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
look at the outline of the tirangle looking side with a flat top. You'll notice that that flat small portion where the small cube attaches is slanted, whereas in B it is a straight line that's parallel to the base of the figure.

Jan 24, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
ooo I thought I saw a slant while I was taking the test but I figured my eyes were playing tricks on me lol.. okk i get it now.. thanks;))