PAT Score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pgill31

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if a PAT score of 18 is good enough for the california schools?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Which California school(s) specifically? What is the rest of your DAT like?

jes1ca said:
Which California school(s) specifically? What is the rest of your DAT like?

An academic average of 22 (science 24). Applying to all the california schools. Is a PAT of 18 considered a bad score?

thanks

:) Those are great averages. Somebody here at SDN probably knows the incoming averages for each section for each school in California but I don't. My $0.02: Three things that will give you the best chance of acceptance...... APPLY EARLY, GREAT NUMBERS(DAT ave & GPA), and GREAT ESSAY. Although most will agree that there is no absolute "guarantee" of acceptance even under ideal circumstances.... in my eyes those three things are going to help you the most. Once they see you are top of the heap (so to speak) they will ask you to fill out a secondary. UC secondaries are very important. Take your time and do it right!!! Once they do that, then they are going to take a much closer look at you as an individual; volunteer work, research, dental experience, yak farming etc.... and then ask you for an interview. Now's your time to shine! As you probably know, once you get an interview the odds then turn in your favor GREATLY, somewhere around, like 45-50% or greater on getting offered an acceptance.

My point: if you never get your foot in the door (i.e. secondary app), you will never have the opportunity to move to the next level.

I don't know about the other variables concerning your app, but, from a DAT standpoint I think your averages and an 18 PAT right on par for a UC acceptance.

Best wishes!

Ciao