Jan 5, 2015
I'm struggling with pattern folding ,TFE, and keyholes the most. My exam is barely a month away. I think I've gotten down the angle ranking and cube counting, but I don't think I have the timing down for the hole punching. It takes me more than a 1 minute to do it. Plz advise me what to do. Any strategies u guys use to tackle these sections? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Don Kim

5+ Year Member
May 11, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
practice practice practice with PAT generators in bootcamp! Eventually you kind of develop your own technique as you get more comfortable with it with practice. I think thats the best way to go about it. There are many different techniques out there, but it all works differently for everyone. When I first started PAT I was doing terrible all of these stuff seemed impossible to do within the given time. I did a bunch of practice using the generators each day, giving it enough time for each question (untimed) so I can practice developing techniques. I think my first PAT exam on bootcamp I got about 63/90. Now I average around 80/90. Practice definitely helps!

redhotchiligochu

D3
2+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2016
USA
Status
Dental Student
You have an exam tomorrow or next month?!? If it's tomorrow, good luck! If it's a month away and you're not feeling confident, I'd reschedule. And I agree with Don, practice practice practice! Some people may be "visual" but no one is "born" to get a 30 on PAT the first try.

OP
I
Jan 5, 2015
You have an exam tomorrow or next month?!? If it's tomorrow, good luck! If it's a month away and you're not feeling confident, I'd reschedule. And I agree with Don, practice practice practice! Some people may be "visual" but no one is "born" to get a 30 on PAT the first try.
My exam is a month away

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

LuckBloodandSweat

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student
I feel ok about all the other sections lol. Feeling some insomnia right now. I just really want that 30 in math and 30 in GC lol.