PAT Section Test Anxiety :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeyonceFan1226

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDN,

My DAT is in 12 days and I have a little anxiety about this PAT section. I will be retaking my DAT and hoping to improve from a 19AA/18TS. I received a 19 last year on the PAT section when I took the DAT. I have been studying for quite some time now and I have seen significant improvement with my scores except for PAT.

I have done all of the BC quizzes and my scores have ranged from 16s-18s (majority 17). I was wondering if is realistic to expect them to go up if I re-do the BC quizzes (one per day) until the exam as well as if you guys have any tips for improvement. Specifically, about how much time do you guys spend on TFE/Keyhole section. I try to aim for about 12 mins each for those two sections.

I review the solutions thoroughly after each exam but I have come to the conclusion that I really do just suck at PAT. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi SDN,

My DAT is in 12 days and I have a little anxiety about this PAT section. I will be retaking my DAT and hoping to improve from a 19AA/18TS. I received a 19 last year on the PAT section when I took the DAT. I have been studying for quite some time now and I have seen significant improvement with my scores except for PAT.

I have done all of the BC quizzes and my scores have ranged from 16s-18s (majority 17). I was wondering if is realistic to expect them to go up if I re-do the BC quizzes (one per day) until the exam as well as if you guys have any tips for improvement. Specifically, about how much time do you guys spend on TFE/Keyhole section. I try to aim for about 12 mins each for those two sections.

I review the solutions thoroughly after each exam but I have come to the conclusion that I really do just suck at PAT. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
You are capable of learning anything. You don't suck, just keep at it with a positive mind and you will be just fine.
Mine is September 4, I am doing them everyday first thing in the morning. I have noticed every day it gets slightly better. Try crack the dat with BC. Your mind will start to notice patterns and next thing you know you aced your PAT section.Best of luck!!

Reactions: 2 users
Try going on BC's Keyhole generators without timing yourself for 150 questions or so. Halfway through you'll start realizing that you're spending way less time on the questions. Not too sure if there is other generators on BC, but Crack DAT PAT allows you to work on sections untimed as well. Again, apply the same strategy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Check this out as well:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/my-wicked-sick-pat-tutorial.528643/#post-6728534

And use the grid method for hole punch. Check out my breakdown for CC (all the way at the bottom of the thread). Fortunately, I had 6 minutes left on the DAT to go back and check answers. Hole punch and CC should be the catch up sections. As far as timing goes for the others, find your own pace. I know people who spend 20 sec/? for angles. It took me about 45-50 sec. Hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for all of your advice! I will definitely start using Crack DAT PAT in combination with the generators from BC.

To be honest, I thought crack DAT PAT wasn't the best. It allows you to get the right answer on top/front/end by counting lines. That's not how the real DAT was. I would use DAT bootcamp, and go over all of the tests. If you are still worried, go over them again.