PAT test A, B, C and Kaplan CD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boostz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone used Test A, B or C PAT booklet?
And does anyone know if the the Kaplan DAT CD is anygood? Is it worth getting the book in order to study for the PAT using there CD. It's suppose to have 3-D modeling of the questions.

Members don't see this ad.

The CD was not that fantastic. I didn't even complete one test on it. The questions are extremely difficult - far more difficult than anything I saw on the DAT. It did have a walk through of the PAT section but it did not say anything different from what was written in the book. Overall, I used the books but the CD was basically worthless.

Are there books out there that are for PAT practice? I only have the kaplan science book...

Members don't see this ad :)
I found the Kaplan CD to be very useful. It was the only thing I used to study the PAT with and I ended up getting a 19. The only complaint is that in some sections, like the angles, it is a too easy compared to the real DAT.

hi boostz...

i used the kaplan cd to prep for the PAT section and found it to be great! when comparing it with paper study guides or the topscore cd...kaplan's cd come out way ahead. how is it better? it's not riddled with mistakes like the topscore cd, it has a section where you are given a 3D image of the object projected in the problem...you can rotate the object with the mouse so you will be able to see what it looks like from top/front/end views...overall the kaplan cd was great in learning how to do the PAT section and also serves as a good practice tool in getting used to the computerized test...hope this helps!

-wasabi007