Pat Tfe

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Decan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've seen people post strategies to solve the TFE problems such as:

"Match the vertical lines of the top view with the vertical lines of the front view...lines that can be directly seen are solid, lines that are indirectly seen are dashed. Match the horizontal lines of top view to the vertical lines of the end view...do the same thing. Match the horizontal lines of the front view with the horizontal lines of the end view...do the same thing"

and

Well, One trick iscount the # of line across the top and they equal the # of lines across on the fron image. Count the # of lines down the top, and they equal the # of line across the top of the End Image. u have to match up the
lines.

But I dont really understand what these methods are referring to. If someone could please explain how to use either one of these methods using the following image, I would really appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

easiest thing is to look at the unique item in the drawing. this won't be that apparent to you when you begin studying. in this figure it is the dotted line in the center of the object. so you know based on the figures given you have to have dotted lines in the center of the end view. Next look at dotted and solid lines. solid lines represent lines you will see. dotted means there is an object which is hidden. you have to practice these techniques. hope that helps.

easiest thing is to look at the unique item in the drawing. this won't be that apparent to you when you begin studying. in this figure it is the dotted line in the center of the object. so you know based on the figures given you have to have dotted lines in the center of the end view. Next look at dotted and solid lines. solid lines represent lines you will see. dotted means there is an object which is hidden. you have to practice these techniques. hope that helps.

I figured out the answer is D, but not using the strategies mentioned. I would like to use those (if they work) if all else fails...anyone know how to use those?