PAT: Time and favorite

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Envision

Envisioning...
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
On the PAT section, how long does everyone spend on each section? also, what is your favorite section? I'l go first.

10-15 mins on key hole
10-15 mins on front-end view
5 angles
5 hole punching (favorite)
5-10 cube counting
10-15 on pattern formation

for kaplan PAT, i usually finish about 5-10 minutes early and for achiever, i finish on time. i find the first 2 sections very long and frustrating whereas after front end view...its pretty much easy (relatively) sailin the rest of the way. what do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

Envision said:
On the PAT section, how long does everyone spend on each section? also, what is your favorite section? I'l go first.

10-15 mins on key hole
5 angles
5-10 cube counting

for kaplan PAT, i usually finish about 5-10 minutes early and for achiever, i finish on time. i find the first 2 sections very long and frustrating whereas after front end view...its pretty much easy (relatively) sailin the rest of the way. what do you guys think?

Angles were insane on the real thing... But not much you can do about it, so I guess try and go through them quickly and take your best guess...

allstardentist said:
me2. hole punching favorite.. its the easiest!!

Same. I loved hole punching and never missed any on the practive tests. The first two sections are also my hardest. Keep in ming that all the questions weigh equal, so spend more time making sure you get the easy ones right (aka the three middle sections) rather than get stuck on the hard ones. I always liked 10 or so minutes at the end to go back and check.

Members don't see this ad :)
Envision said:

10-15 mins on key hole
5 angles
5-10 cube counting

8-9 keyhole
10 T-F-E
5 angles (on practice tests), 10-12 on actual?
5-7 hole punch.
5-7 cube counting
8-9 pattern formation.

On the real DAT, I found myself double checking more answers before proceeding. On practice tests, I didn't care as much. SOO... on practice tests, I'd have 10 min left over. On the real test, I finished a minute ahead of time. Angles were a bi-otch and I knew that. So, I knew I might spend more time on that on the real test.

ya, i dunno why it takes me so long on the first 2 sections. maybe cuz i took achiver and now im like...paranoid. sometimes i sit there looking at the TFE for a good minute or so after ive picked the answer...its not fun..

Envision said:
ya, i dunno why it takes me so long on the first 2 sections. maybe cuz i took achiver and now im like...paranoid. sometimes i sit there looking at the TFE for a good minute or so after ive picked the answer...its not fun..

Can't relate, sorry. I didn't know Achiever even existed until 2 days before my scheduled exam. By that time, I just said...eh, screw that! I'm already sick and tired of these stupid cube counting!

keyholes --------------too long!!
top-front-end view-----too long!!
angles-----------------too long!!
hole punching----------too long!!
cube counting----------too long!!
pattern formation------too long!!

My favorite? Hm, it'd have to be top-front-end view. Wait....... :eek: .......No, not really. I hate all the sections!!!! :smuggrin:

On the real test, I took too long on the angle ranking and only had about 12 mins for pattern folding and cube counting. You should beware of this.

MoobDDS said:
On the real test, I took too long on the angle ranking and only had about 12 mins for pattern folding and cube counting. You should beware of this.

o wow...well im glad you still did well in the end. i saw your other post, a 29 in ochem huh? good stuff. what did you end up with for PAT?

I finished the first two section in 25min. and had 5 min. left at end, so I can go back to check the ones I wasnt sure.

my favorite: cube counting, hehe~