Pat timing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

txlonghorn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have completed 3 crack the dat tests and have scored 21, 19, 21. My timing has improved somewhat, but I still am going over by about 10 minutes (better than the hour and a half it took to go through the first test). However, on my last test, while I finished going over by only 10 mins, I felt that I was kinda guessing on some questions - like angles. The areas that take up the most time for me are hole punching, TFE, and pattern folding. Any advice will be greatly apprecitated!!!

Members don't see this ad.

if u spend more time going over how to quickly eliminate answers, i think u will be able to answer questiosn faster and faster. you will see the types of questions that always come up that will deff be wrong like right away, usually that gets rid of 1-2 choices. and then u just have to pick from the remaining 2 (or 3) that are left. try it on an untimed test u will see what i mean.

hope this helps!

I have trouble with folding objects in my head and ensuring that the mark (on pattern folding) or the holes (on hole punching) end up on the correct side. This gets frustrating and takes up too much time.

for the pattern folding, just look at what shapes are next to other shapes, or shaded parts next to nonshaded parts and just match them up, usually doing it that way u can eliminate some answers that cant be possible. dont think about the object itself, just go 1 by 1 thru the possible figures so u dont waste time thinking what the figure looks like, but just seeing if that figure is at all possilbe or not.

for hole punching, try the 4x4 grid and mark where the holes can be and look at the answer choices. u can usually eliminate some choices from the first fold and seeing where they can or cant possibly be.