1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

PAT Top Front End Take a look !

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by Awuah29, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Awuah29

Awuah29 Christian predent
    7+ Year Member

ok guys,
    I am confused . Whats the answer here? I know we can eliminate A, because the correponding frontview does not match with the endview. We can also eliminate D. Please explain, why its either B or C don't just say its ..:) . thanks so much

Attached Files:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. BodybldgDoc

BodybldgDoc Guest

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)

the answer is B. If you look at the top end view first and then at front end view and then work the dotted lines according to the answer choices its pretty obvious it cant be anything but choice B. my advice is to count the dotted lines and match them to the answer choices

4. Lonely Sol

Lonely Sol cowgoesmoo fan!
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    agreed!

5. rusky

7+ Year Member

But using your theory can't the answer be D as well?

6. 92CamaroLS1

10+ Year Member

Dentist
    looking at the end view, because the entire outline is a solid line and all of the internal lines are dotted, it can only be A or B (going by that). All of the others would have an internal line that is solid. And A is wrong for reasons stated above....B is the only one left and it matches.

7. ABERSSON

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    it cant be C - because the top view would have had 2 solid lines at the bottorm and one dotted line closer to the top. therefore look at it again and you will see that it has to be B.

8. rusky

7+ Year Member

I think I am blind. I only see top view which is all solid and front that is all dotted.

9. Awuah29

Awuah29 Christian predent
    7+ Year Member

ok, we have 3 dotted line in the front view, so it could be either B or C. See, this were I alsoget stuck. I am able to always rule out 2. So whats the difference betwee B and C. Here, event count does not help me anymore:smuggrin: So let say you follow the and match the line from the front view with the endview you still get 3 dotted lines. I am not getting it, but I am trying:(
    So does this mean whenever smth is missing or taken out dotted line will appear? So counting from the bottom looking at the Frontview 3 dotted line and how does this relate to the endwiev?

10. Streetwolf

Streetwolf Ultra Senior Member
    Dentist 7+ Year Member

Dentist
    Read the rules of the section. Dashed line means that you can't see the edge from your viewpoint but it exists. Solid line means you CAN see the edge from your viewpoint. So basically since all the lines are dashed in the front view and the end view is from the right hand side, the very leftmost part of the end view (which is the front of the figure) is the highest part of the figure. It essentially forms a 'wall' which, from the front view, blocks your view of everything else happening behind it. In C you have a section cut out on the left side of the end view. If you viewed this from the front you would actually SEE the missing piece. And if that were the case, it would be a solid line.