PAT: top-front-end

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

woohoo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am sort of confused with the way the Barron's book presents the top-front-end section. I don't have my book in front of me but from what I remember they include advice such as: "the number of lines going VERTICALLY in the TOP section is going to equal the number of lines going HORIZONTALLY in the END section." They also include similar advice for comparing the end to the front sections.

My question is whether anyone is getting right answers using this technique, b/c when I try it, the method doesn't always work. Is there a better more accurate way b/c I just don't see it. :(

Members don't see this ad.

It is imperative that you become skilled at this technique (i'm still mastering it) becuase with really complex objects you can not visulaize the 3D image.

If you are looking at a TOP projection the vertical lines from left to right, will be vertical lines from left to right on the FRONT projection and the horizontal lines from left to right on the END projection. If you are looking at a FRONT projection the horizontal lines from top to bottom will be top to bottom horizontal lines on the END view.

DrTacoElf said:
It is imperative that you become skilled at this technique (i'm still mastering it) becuase with really complex objects you can not visulaize the 3D image.

If you are looking at a TOP projection the vertical lines from left to right, will be vertical lines from left to right on the FRONT projection and the horizontal lines from top to bottom on the END projection. If you are looking at a FRONT projection the horizontal lines from top to bottom will be top to bottom horizontal lines on the END view.

thanks! It's a pretty difficult thing for me to gain speed in this section. I'm gonna try using the rule the way you've written it and see how it works.