PAT: which way is this surface projecting?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jpres17

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me which direction this column is projecting, and how you can tell?

PAT question.png

Members don't see this ad.

It's coming out towards the face of the object, near bottom right of the page ( I think).

Look at the bottom of the circled rod. The bottom line matches up close to the stairway thing near the bottom arrow, and the angles of the lines are the same. Now if you follow that rod up and look at how much the base comes out where it's attached on the other side, it's significantly less than the bottom of the circled rod. this suggests that the rod has to be coming out towards the front rather than the side.
Also, compare the two angles at the bottom of the rod, compared to the base where it changes. The angles are exactly the same, meaning that it has to come out towards the face. If it was going off to the right side, the angle of the lines would be different at the end of the rod and where it changes.

I THINK. Lemme know if I was wrong. have to head out rn, but i can draw it out if you want.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the explanation, and you're right about the direction. If you have the time to mark the image up, or draw it out, I think that would be a great help.