PAT without erasable board

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigbutrealdreams

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So as you guys may know, we cannot erase the markers anymore.
I thought that my strategy for the hole-punch questions would be to draw one grid during the tutorial and then just keep erasing. But do I now need to draw 15 grids?
Also, is drawing grids on the board even "legal" during tutorial time?

Thaaanks

Members don't see this ad.

You have to change it up a bit. Last time I took it, we used eraseable dry erase in 2012. But now I called my test center and they said the markers don't erase and you have to keep exchanging the sheets. During the PAT portion there is a tutorial which will be a couple min and I believe it doesn't go against your PAT clock. You can draw all 15 grids then and also the 5 cube counting tables. Can someone who took the DAT recently confirm about the PAT tutorial time?

I had 15 minutes of tutorial time. During the time, I drew out 16 grids and 6 tables and saved that sheet for when the time came for PAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had 15 minutes of tutorial time. During the time, I drew out 16 grids and 6 tables and saved that sheet for when the time came for PAT.
was the 15 min tutorial time before you started the test, or before you started the PAT portion?

was the 15 min tutorial time before you started the test, or before you started the PAT portion?
I don't remember a PAT tutorial---just 15 minutes available before the whole test. But it seems like a lot of people have loads of time left during the natural sciences, so you could do it then if you forget or something. (Took the test last week.)

I wasn't allowed to draw the grid during my tutorial time but there was plenty of time after the sciences for me to draw it. I made a 12x24 sized box on my sheet and then drew 2 lines going horizontally and 5 lines going vertically so that i would have 18 4x4 small cubes. Hope I didn't confuse you lol

I wasn't allowed to draw the grid during my tutorial time but there was plenty of time after the sciences for me to draw it. I made a 12x24 sized box on my sheet and then drew 2 lines going horizontally and 5 lines going vertically so that i would have 18 4x4 small cubes. Hope I didn't confuse you lol
haha oh it is confusing.
quick question -- did they purposely watch you as you attempted to draw the grids during the tutorial?

They didn't watch me, but I just didn't want to take the risk of drawing it and having them catch me since they have cameras everywhere. I'd rather be safe than sorry haha