Pat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMD to Be

not luffin' this weather.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.esnips.com/web/dat-stuff

For anyone who has taken the DAT, I have a quick question. In the Pat2 folder in the link above, there is a whole PAT test. I just took it and got a 19. :scared: Just wondering how this PAT compares to the real thing. (except the angles of course-I know they will be much more difficult)

Members don't see this ad.

Hm, would any of you geniuses out there with the 20+ PAT scores run through the practice test and let me know if it's easier/harder. Purty puh-weeeze. I'm fine w/ making a 19, and if this test is comparable to the real thing, I am moving on to chemistry tonight. But if it is too easy, I'm gunna spend another week on the PAT.

I thought it was much easier than the real PAT. I'd make sure to use other practice materials.

DMD to Be said:
http://www.esnips.com/web/dat-stuff

For anyone who has taken the DAT, I have a quick question. In the Pat2 folder in the link above, there is a whole PAT test. I just took it and got a 19. :scared: Just wondering how this PAT compares to the real thing. (except the angles of course-I know they will be much more difficult)

i havent taken the DAT yet but i took this test and made an 18. ive heared that kaplan full length pat is supposed to be easier than the real DAT so i'm actually pretty dissapointed with this score. The aperture passing and top front end questions killed me. what sections did you have trouble with?

Members don't see this ad :)
Notoriousjae said:
i havent taken the DAT yet but i took this test and made an 18. ive heared that kaplan full length pat is supposed to be easier than the real DAT so i'm actually pretty dissapointed with this score. The aperture passing and top front end questions killed me. what sections did you have trouble with?

The keyholes, dang those were super hard. I think I missed 7 of the 15. I don't see how they could get any harder. The top front end, I think I missed 5 or 6 of those. Got all the cubes, and all but one or two hole punching...Missed an angle or two, and 4-5 pattern folding. The sad thing is I thought I was pretty good at keyholes. :( When I added up my total correct, I think I got a 19 by one answer. And I know the angles will be much more difficult, so I'll probably be lucky to get a 17. :eek: I guess more PAT practice tests for me. hmph. Good luck to you, and if you come up w/ some way to improve your scores...let me know! :)

thats how i felt in the beginning too. just practice and practice. and then u will get good at it. iknow that for sure for keyhole and TFE. i think practice can increase your PAT score. but you have to believe that u can do it.

DMD to Be said:
The keyholes, dang those were super hard. I think I missed 7 of the 15. I don't see how they could get any harder. The top front end, I think I missed 5 or 6 of those. Got all the cubes, and all but one or two hole punching...Missed an angle or two, and 4-5 pattern folding. The sad thing is I thought I was pretty good at keyholes. :( When I added up my total correct, I think I got a 19 by one answer. And I know the angles will be much more difficult, so I'll probably be lucky to get a 17. :eek: I guess more PAT practice tests for me. hmph. Good luck to you, and if you come up w/ some way to improve your scores...let me know! :)

I did the worst on keyholes as well and normally i dont seem to have trouble with them. the schools i'd like to apply to require a pat score of 18 so i'm hoping to get at least that on the real dat but from the looks of things i still need lots of practice :( good luck to us both. if i should be able to come up with something useful, i'll be sure to let you know and hope for the same from you :) as for now i'm off to review some o chem.