Pat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Awuah29

Christian predent
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok,

Question 1
can you determine the angle in a faster way by just looking or knowing that small angles have the shortes line , and larger angles have longer line. The angles are so close so does this rule make sense at all ?

Question 2
I have noticed that it take me too much time with the keyhole and patternfolding so that I ran out of time. Am I doing smth wrong , anyone experience the same thing? What do you guys do for those two sections ( turning and trying to fit the object or looking at details and eliminating wrong answerws. How about the patternfolding?:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Question 1: The length of the lines are not indicative of the angle, the varying length of the lines is a method of increasing the challenge of decifering angles.

Question 2: TIME IS YOUR WORST ENEMY ON THE DAT. When you practice make sure you are adhering to the time constraints of the test. Also, the PAT section of the actual DAT will be much harder than any practice test I have personally come across. Just stay calm, practice your weaknesses, and build up your speed and you will be fine.

PS: The PAT section varies in importance depending on the school, so check out the schools you wish to apply to and keep this in mind. If you score well academically on the test, most schools will consider this more important then your PAT score.

practice practice. your medium hard question will become easy. (hard questions will stay hard tho...no matter what) and those easy questions shouldn't take more than 20 sec. Then you shouldn't have time problem. I had 15 min to spare after finishing all questions first time around. Oh and mark any questions that you have slightest doubt that you might be wrong. And come back during this 15 min.

so, what is the best approach. Take the keyhole for example or in general for the PAT. Do you guys write the letters ABCDE out and then start to eliminate or cross out the wrong answers. Do you do this while taking the test or during the tutoring time. I find it time saving when I just put my finger on the monitor to indicate which figures are wrong. Any input on that ????

This is the situation ! you right the letters out during tutoring ABCDE or ABCD (this is gonna take forever or you do this while taking the test then you lose time while writing them down) . :mad: Any input on that???

Thanks guys

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't write out abcde. that's waste of time. using fingers works much better.

I wouldn't write out abcde. that's waste of time. using fingers works much better.

so you mean like a for my tumb, b for my pointing finger etc. , cool idea never taught of that. any other suggestions? come on guys where are all the pat experts???:thumbup:

so you mean like a for my tumb, b for my pointing finger etc. , cool idea never taught of that. any other suggestions? come on guys where are all the pat experts???:thumbup:

nowhat14 is a PAT guru. He scored a perfect 30. Listen to the man with the PAT skillz