Pat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kdiddy

Kobe-Jack 24
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How heavily do admission committee's weigh the PAT when they look at applicants?

Members don't see this ad.

Call them and ask. It really depends on the school. Seems to me that the "clinical" schools care a lot about it.

honestly, if everything else is good, i think pat matters very little. my pat sucked...no other way to put it, and i got into many of my top choices. some schools don't even look at pat, and say it's a terrible indicator. others say they value it, and it's very important, but like i said, if everything else on your app is solid, i don't think they will not admit you based on pat.

Members don't see this ad :)
just don't score exceptionally low and it won't matter.

No school seems to care all that much, "clinical" or not. They only seem to care when it is exceptional somehow. so a 28 catches their eye, as does a 12, but if you're not on the frindges, they usually don't seem to mind.

djeff, you mind sharing with us what you got. Pacific being one of those schools that does seem to care?

would a 16 on the pat be considered extremely low?