1. Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

Pat

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by Shjfr, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Shjfr

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

#1 Shjfr, Jan 5, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  2. joonkimdds

joonkimdds Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    It's about how you are gonna spend next 1 month studying for DAT. I think 5 should be enough.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. CC86

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    Hi,
    Like you i got 17 on the DAT prior to purchasing CDP. I ended up buying the 10 tests one and doing all the tests in one month. I spaced out the tests so in the end I would do the last test the day just before the exam. The first four tests were very difficult for me and I got 18s and 19s. My problem was mostly timing. For the 5th test I got 24, and tests 6 - 10 I ranged from 21 to 25. I ended up with a 22 on PAT. I think 10 tests helped me build a lot of confidence on PAT. If I purchased the 5 tests I would have thought the last one was a fluke and be less confident. But I guess that depends on how fast you improve. Maybe u should purchase the 5 tests and see if there's any improvements, if not upgrade to 10.

4. Shjfr

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Thanks!

5. adizzle87

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Get the Ace Edition, more practice = better score.

6. gdunk

gdunk Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I did not use Crack to study, so I can't say anything about that.

I did use Achiever to study for my retake last August. For the PA...there were some ridiculously hard questions. My head hurt every time I took one of them. Some of the hole punching did crease punching, which was inaccurate, but when the real test came, I blew through it. I was scoring low to mid 20s on the practices. Then pulled off a 25 on the real one.

This was always my best section...and I would recommend marking most of the angle rankings...this was the hardest on the real one. Most practice tests that I took didn't compare to the angles on the real test.

I had about 10 minutes left at the end of the section and went back through the angle rankings, I think I changed about 7 of them at the last minute....it must have been something about looking them over knowing I was done with the section that helped. Must have been for the better though, I actually didn't think I got any wrong in PA.

G'Luck!