patchy hair loss

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what is the reason for patchy hair loss over the scalp

Members don't see this ad.

well, it could be tinea capitis, you would need fluorescence to be sure though. I would go see a dermatolgist first

Members don't see this ad :)
Pathcy baldness you say kind of like my baldness except not so patchy and more male pattern..y

My initial thoughts are tinea capitis as well that rascal of a fungal infection (my butt itches)

but maybe giving the limited info you are dealing with a psychiatric patients with Trichotillomania (the compulsiveness to pull out ones own hair)

i mean either way!!!

cut me some slack if I am wrong I am just an MSI with a dream for Derm Gig!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

IzzyMD09 said:
cut me some slack if I am wrong I am just an MSI with a dream for Derm Gig!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Not to be a downer or @$$hole or anything, but it might be very difficult to match into derm from a non-US med school (assuming you're in Israel).

sdnetrocks said:
Not to be a downer or @$$hole or anything, but it might be very difficult to match into derm from a non-US med school (assuming you're in Israel).

Why dont you try telling me something I haven't heard at least 50 times, of course I mean I was told the same thing about medical school and college for that matter...

But hey whatever!