path 2 help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jackets5

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey, question about your path 2 classes. Our professor tells us to simply just memorize his powerpoints and literally tests us like this with recall of tiny facts from the powerpoints. He gets his questions from Qbank, Uworld and removes details from the question that would allow you to reason the answer and simply rely on memorizing stupid details and not being able to reason the answers. Its hard to be able to memorize 800 or so powerpoint slides per block without being able to reason concepts like on Step 1. how are you guys path 2 classes. I have honored every class so far except for neuro and biostats and have scored very well on shelf exams besides histo. any suggestions

Members don't see this ad.

If you've honored every class, it seems to me that you have what it takes to do better than everyone else and therefore keep honoring.

As for helping with Step I, it seems to me that this type of pathology learning would hinder your reasoning ability. However, by remembering the little facts it will help you recall them later. If you want an overall picture read Robbins, BRS, First Aid. Pathology should be more conceptual and you need that part to integrate it with pharm and the other disciplines.

yeah, i think that is my problem. i have been reading Goljan and robbins along with going through the class notes, doing robbins questions scoring in the high 70's low 80's but i screw up this profs exams because he takes reasoning out of the picture and make you memorize, mindless, nitpicky details from his powerpoints that you cant reason on an exam.

Remember how unimportant M1/M2 grades are for getting into residency. Your Step I score is far more important but you should of course do your best for grades. Since you've done well so far it seems you know this already.