1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

path book question

Discussion in 'Step I' started by the_equalizer, Apr 28, 2004.

1. the_equalizer

the_equalizer Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi, I'm using Big Robbins for path, but am looking for a book to preview the material in, and then study out of before test time. I don't think BRS is good for this because it's just outlines. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    And what about these Goljan books for path that people on this site keep talking about? Would that be comprehensive enough for the boards/tests? Thanks a lot for your help.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rxfudd

rxfudd 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Get the smaller version of Robbins (Pocket Companion to Robbins, affectionately known as baby Robbins) - it has enough info (and has cut out enough useless junk) that I use it as my primary source and have stopped using big Robbins altogether. I would say it's intermediate between BRS and big Robbins. If you will be using it as a preview, it also has the added benefit of following the same outline and information presented in big Robbins.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0721678599/qid=1083176757/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/104-6446229-9879111?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

4. Willamette

Willamette Good with a bo-staff
    7+ Year Member

The "Review of Pathology" book by Goljan is sorta like a BRS Path w/ complete sentences. In other words, it hits most of the same topics (in perhaps slightly greater detail) but is easier to digest, whereas the BRS Path has lots of good info, but it's like reading someone's notes (making it difficult to LEARN from, but great for REVIEW). Also, Goljan's review of pathology has better MCQs than BRS. I personally prefer it "Baby Robbins" (dubbed "Fetal Robbins" at my school :smuggrin: ).

Willamette