Path/Micro Shelf Exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

njshibby

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took these...wow. Path especially seemed two steps beyond usmle world. Anyone know how these compare to Step 1?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone? Just took the pharm shelf that seemed more worldesque.

i took the path, micro and pharm shelfs in april and thought they varied. I thought Pharm was very doable same with Path. The micro shelf was very hard and i took a beating on it.

I've taken all of those shelf exams before I started hitting UWorld hard, and my god, I'd rather take those exams three times over than have a block of UWorld for Step I. Most of the questions on those exams require only recall or next logical leap; rarely did I see a triple-jump question. UWorld, however, is like 50% double and triple jump.

I've taken all of those shelf exams before I started hitting UWorld hard, and my god, I'd rather take those exams three times over than have a block of UWorld for Step I. Most of the questions on those exams require only recall or next logical leap; rarely did I see a triple-jump question. UWorld, however, is like 50% double and triple jump.

We definitely didn't take the same path test then. UW was extremely easy compared to my Path NBME. I have done extremely well in path this year and though the final was the hardest test I have taken in my life.