Path research and curriculum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I

Isa2010

Hi all!

I'm new here, and I didn't want to open another thread, 'cos I think its not necessary when people can look at this post here.

Well, the think is: I'd like to do research in the field of pathology..., but Im still getting involved in the area Ok.... I know that it has to deal with my interests, my knowledge, degree (maybe), basically interest in some line or investigation topic, but I just want to know different opinions about those Lines or fields that represent some kind of advantage in the future for the possible researcher and the usefulness itself..... just to mention something: perhaps neurology is the "hot" one, maybe immunology, (don't know, just suppose), but what are the most important, significatives.... U know what I mean? like: citopath., immuno., receptors, markers, molecular....? Especially covering anathomopathologic aspects...

The second question: I've revised some path curriculums (programs)and........ according to Ur knowledge (it doesnt mean that residents cover ALLL contents in there) Do U have a fav, "ideal" one? Last night I spent some hours seing the MGH contents and I think because of the fame I get used to think it has one of the best schedules, but honestly I do not have idea.:confused:

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

nobody?

I really want to get involved in this area, Im still a beginner, so any input would be very helpful. Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all!

I'm new here, and I didn't want to open another thread, 'cos I think its not necessary when people can look at this post here.

Well, the think is: I'd like to do research in the field of pathology..., but Im still getting involved in the area Ok.... I know that it has to deal with my interests, my knowledge, degree (maybe), basically interest in some line or investigation topic, but I just want to know different opinions about those Lines or fields that represent some kind of advantage in the future for the possible researcher and the usefulness itself..... just to mention something: perhaps neurology is the "hot" one, maybe immunology, (don't know, just suppose), but what are the most important, significatives.... U know what I mean? like: citopath., immuno., receptors, markers, molecular....? Especially covering anathomopathologic aspects...

The second question: I've revised some path curriculums (programs)and........ according to Ur knowledge (it doesnt mean that residents cover ALLL contents in there) Do U have a fav, "ideal" one? Last night I spent some hours seing the MGH contents and I think because of the fame I get used to think it has one of the best schedules, but honestly I do not have idea.:confused:

Thanks

I'm not going to lie, I've read your post several times and have no idea what you are asking. But that's just me, I tend to get lost in funky abbreviations and such. It did make me smile though. Best of luck.

im pretty sure i have a childish sense of humor, but threads like this make me crack up

Thank U all for your replies, and thanks for those polite answers saying U didnt get it.

http://www.aimbe.org/press/details.php?id=107&pid=192&tpid=3

I read, similar interviews and articles as above talking about regenerative, genomic, molecular, nano medicine, etc, etc. Trying to get some ideas abut what Im going to ask.......but

my particular situation is this: I'm new student, getting involved in pathology field, I was asked to do a research, (as a pathologist student), I know maybe is not the most appropriate field to do research right (pathology) (correct me if Im wrong), especially in molecular or nano topics, but let me ask again, hope this time I'm clear:

As a new path student, what could be a good research topic? basically to get involved in the "future" or "hot " topics..... I do not have a PhD, so, thats why I'm asking, and I know is not a must to have a PhD to do a good research.... so, as a beginner, in a pathology lab (anatomic), what are Ur suggestions? advices? to start with....? Thanks. If Im not clear, please let me know. Or if U ca n suggest some web sites that talk about, how to start... that would be great

Regarding pathology programs I was talking about rotations, hours expent doing some studies like: The pathologist must do 20 000 biopsies to fill the program objectives.... etcetera, I read MGH program, which I thought is good, but honestly I don't know which program is the most complete to become a good pathologist. Thanks

Thank U all for your replies, and thanks for those polite answers saying U didnt get it.

http://www.aimbe.org/press/details.php?id=107&pid=192&tpid=3

I read, similar interviews and articles as above talking about regenerative, genomic, molecular, nano medicine, etc, etc. Trying to get some ideas abut what Im going to ask.......but

my particular situation is this: I'm new student, getting involved in pathology field, I was asked to do a research, (as a pathologist student), I know maybe is not the most appropriate field to do research right (pathology) (correct me if Im wrong), especially in molecular or nano topics, but let me ask again, hope this time I'm clear:

As a new path student, what could be a good research topic? basically to get involved in the "future" or "hot " topics..... I do not have a PhD, so, thats why I'm asking, and I know is not a must to have a PhD to do a good research.... so, as a beginner, in a pathology lab (anatomic), what are Ur suggestions? advices? to start with....? Thanks. If Im not clear, please let me know. Or if U ca n suggest some web sites that talk about, how to start... that would be great

Regarding pathology programs I was talking about rotations, hours expent doing some studies like: The pathologist must do 20 000 biopsies to fill the program objectives.... etcetera, I read MGH program, which I thought is good, but honestly I don't know which program is the most complete to become a good pathologist. Thanks

Something that is hot and future? I would think something related to molecular pathology.

I think the best thing to do would be to ask your advisor for ideas after telling them your interests. You have to do something you are truly interested in. Just because its hot doesnt necessarily mean you will like it. Research can be a pain and your heart has to be in it to succeed.