path research related to environmental stuff?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

alimarie81

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am interested in pathology, and also very interested in micro and aspects of environmental medicine (like toxicology, exposures, effects of pollution, carcinogens, etc. on human health). I considered occupational/environmental medicine, but I know that I don't want to be so directly involved in caring for workers' comp (which is a good portion of this profession).

What kind of research possibilites in path are available that touch on this fields? Just getting my feet wet in thinking about doing my own research down the road.

Thanks!
 
Check out Dr. Jerrold Abraham at SUNY Upstate Department of Pathology. He was my mentor in medical school many years ago.

Best,
Mindy