Path To MD is a complete fraud!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

preston johnnson

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I made a post last night about my experiences with "Path to MD" a small company based in Minnesota. They charge 60 bucks an hour and teach you on this free whiteboard software known as, Scribblar. He is a former medical student.

When I started with his company back in March they guaranteed me a 510+. As long as I followed their schedule of having multiple hours tutoring per week. Which I obliged to.

4 months later here we are. My score has only risen 5 points. After spending almost 3 grand I emailed wanting to talk to him about my status. He told me "I only prefer emails" I told him as customer I would like to talk to you over the phone. Hours later he replied and gave me a call. Instead of saying hello the first thing he says is "I have one minute for you what do you want?" I asked him why my score isn't jumping even though I followed his plan. He told me that I was "too young for an exam of this magnitude and not mature yet." I took great offense to that and told him that I have been a straight A student all throughout college and paid him 3 grand for results. He says "what are you? broke?" I was in complete shock that he is speaking to me like that. I told him to apologize and talk respectfully to me. He says "no, matter of fact I am blocking your number now" and hung up on me

I tried to email him back but received no response whatsoever. I still had a lesson with one of his tutors. It was supposed tp happen last night at 7 pm. I cancelled my shift and waited for the call. 7 pm came and nothing happened. I contacted the tutor and no response from him.

This time I emailed and I requested a refund. He told me "no refunds on tutoring. Take care"

I am $100 out and missed my shift so I am out almost a $100 there.

An UPDATE
I contacted again and told him no where on his website do they say they can take my money and cancel the tutoring session. I told him that is considered theft.
He emailed me back saying "one more email and I will contact the authorities" He also mentioned how I was very "rude and abusive towards him" I was laughing when I read that part wtf

I have no idea why he is so upset and mad. I was very nice to him and am a relatively peaceful gentleman. But I am absolutely shocked.

So if you want your score to increase by 3 points over a 4 month period and get 3 grand stolen from you. Go with these guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope your username isn't your real name, because you definitely shouldn't be telling random strangers over the internet that your sister was diagnosed with cancer, is an attorney, that you're 19, that you're going to filing a possible lawsuit, or really a lot of what you said because it could be extremely easy to identify you

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope your username isn't your real name, because you definitely shouldn't be telling random strangers over the internet that your sister was diagnosed with cancer, is an attorney, that you're 19, that you're going to filing a possible lawsuit, or really a lot of what you said because it could be extremely easy to identify you
I didn't say anything worth defaming or against his character. I thought he was a nice guy when I first started talking to him but when we talked over the phone he was incredibly rude to me.

Last edited:
I made a post last night about my experiences with "Path to MD" a small company based in Minnesota. He is a former medical student.

When I started with his company back in March they guaranteed me a 510+. As long as I followed their schedule of having multiple hours tutoring per week. Which I obliged to.

4 months later here we are. My score has only risen 5 points. After spending almost 3 grand I emailed wanting to talk to him about my status. He told me "I only prefer emails" I told him as customer I would like to talk to you over the phone. Hours later he replied and gave me a call. Instead of saying hello the first thing he says is "I have one minute for you what do you want?" I asked him why my score isn't jumping even though I followed his plan. He told me that I was "too young for an exam of this magnitude and not mature yet." I took great offense to that and told him that I have been a straight A student all throughout college and paid him 3 grand for results. He says "what are you? broke?" I was in complete shock that he is speaking to me like that. I told him to apologize and talk respectfully to me. He says "no, matter of fact I am blocking your number now" and hung up on me

I tried to email him back but received no response whatsoever. I still had a lesson with one of his tutors. It was supposed tp happen last night at 7 pm. I cancelled my shift and waited for the call. 7 pm came and nothing happened. I contacted the tutor and no response from him.

This time I emailed and I requested a refund. He told me "no refunds on tutoring. Take care"

I am $100 out and missed my shift so I am out almost a $100 there.

An UPDATE
I contacted again and told him no where on his website do they say they can take my money and cancel the tutoring session. I told him that is considered theft.
He emailed me back saying "one more email and I will contact the authorities"

I have no idea why he is so upset and mad. I was very nice to him and am a relatively peaceful gentleman. But I am absolutely shocked.

So if you want your score to increase by 3 points over a 4 month period and get 3 grand stolen from you. Go with these guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
If they actually guarentee anything I guess they have to give your money back if it doesn't come through (if you really followed the plan well enough to argue, then take it to civil court). Agree, this does sound like a ****ty company though.

Hey I'm really sorry to hear about your testing woes. The MCAT is a tough one, and it can be frustrating to feel like you're not progressing like you want to. I think a big part of this test though is being able to own your progress, and to be cognizant of 1) where you are realistically, and 2) what it will take to get to where you want to be in comparison. I think you had a post earlier about whether or not you should take the exam. I'm just gonna echo some of the feedback you got on that (if that is the post I'm thinking of) and say you should only take this test when you are ready, and if you aren't ready now, then that's ok. Medical school will still be here in 1,2 or 3 years.

I think you should probably take this post down though. This world is kinda small and you've given away a lot of identifiers...you never know who might be looking down the road.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey I'm really sorry to hear about your testing woes. The MCAT is a tough one, and it can be frustrating to feel like you're not progressing like you want to. I think a big part of this test though is being able to own your progress, and to be cognizant of 1) where you are realistically, and 2) what it will take to get to where you want to be in comparison. I think you had a post earlier about whether or not you should take the exam. I'm just gonna echo some of the feedback you got on that (if that is the post I'm thinking of) and say you should only take this test when you are ready, and if you aren't ready now, then that's ok. Medical school will still be here in 1,2 or 3 years.

I think you should probably take this post down though. This world is kinda small and you've given away a lot of identifiers...you never know who might be looking down the road.
I am writing a review of his company. I didn't say anything defaming his character. He may be a nice person to others and is a MD/PhD so clearly very intellectually bright. But this is no way to treat someone. He has stolen my money from the tutoring I have already pre paid him for and has blocked me everywhere. It's incredibly unfair.

If they actually guarentee anything I guess they have to give your money back if it doesn't come through (if you really followed the plan well enough to argue, then take it to civil court). Agree, this does sound like a ****ty company though.
You know that is fine that I don't get the score. I can push it back and work a bit harder to the goal. But to steal my $100 and block me cause I just asked a question. That isn't right at all

You know that is fine that I don't get the score. I can push it back and work a bit harder to the goal. But to steal my $100 and block me cause I just asked a question. That isn't right at all
That is super ****ty. Sorry that happened to you. I tried to google the company but can’t seem to find it.

This is a really crappy situation. Long story short: you got taken advantage of by a greedy entrepreneur.

Two life lessons learned here:
1. Anyone selling a 'dream' is most likely a fraud. Ok, maybe not? Well let me rephrase that: anyone selling a dream who speaks to you with that kind of tone when questioned is a fraud.
2. There is enough advice regarding MCAT success out in the real world, free of charge, that makes paying such an exorbitant price wildly unnecessary.

I'm sorry this happened to you. You have to decide whether the headache to potentially get your money back will cause less pain than the money being gone forever. In the future, buy some used MCAT books, sit in a chair, and learn. No one raises your score except for you. Best of luck and make sure to report this person somewhere, somehow...

"Just had some personal stuff and couldn't really dedicate my attention to stuff. Now I finally have a clear head and am going out full swing. "

Sounds like maybe that is why your score wasn't jumping...

Sorry you were treated rudely, but you should notice a lack of results before you're $3,000 in.

"Just had some personal stuff and couldn't really dedicate my attention to stuff. Now I finally have a clear head and am going out full swing. "

Sounds like maybe that is why your score wasn't jumping...

Sorry you were treated rudely, but you should notice a lack of results before you're $3,000 in.
That was before I invested in their company that I had a clear head
I am now noticing it. They wanted me to continue paying to see the score rise and told me a practice test isn't worth it

That is super ****ty. Sorry that happened to you. I tried to google the company but can’t seem to find it.
Super small company and they just want to take your money. I wish I was wiser not to deal with them in the first place but I hadn't taken an exam of this magnitude

OP. Anyone who offers a blanket MCAT score guarantee is not to be trusted. Period.

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

If you feel strongly about it, file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the state of Minnesota's attorney general's antifraud/consumer protection office.

Here's information on the company:

Looks like this guy runs his company out of his apartment.

What makes you say he's a MD/PhD?

The BBB wont do anything to help you get your money back but they will try and make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else. Good luck!

If they *guarantee* a raise in your score and you followed all their instructions to the letter, I think $3000 is worth a trip to civil court.

Reactions: 1 user