forph

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2006
29
0
45
Status
Pharmacist
I still can't believe I got 60's. As a first time taker, I didn't expect 80's or 90's but 60's is big disappointment.
Well..I congratulate the ones who made good scores and now I have to prepare for the 2nd in Oct.

Can anybody tell me if it would be too late to submit the Oct. PCAT score for the application 2007?
If I take the test in Oct, score would be available in Nov, then it won't make it for the schools with Nov 1 deadlines.
Or do they just update the PCAT scores when it's available if I file an application with Jun PCAT score before school deadline?

wish me a good luck...^^
 

RoyalBean

Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2005
62
0
Madison, WI
Status
Pharmacist
OCt isn't too late, many schools will also accept the January Scores, even if their deadline is before January.
 

Sirius77

New Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2006
30
0
42
Utah
Status
Pharmacy Student
I didn't do so well either. I got a 70 composite. I need to really focus my time on the chemistry and math sections I really got worked over in those sections. Anybody recomend a good review book or refresher course for the chemistry and possibly the math portions of the pcat?
 
About the Ads

AznGTOi3oi

Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2006
124
0
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
questiong. Do schools require you to send a transcript of your score from hardcourt, or do they just look at pharmcas... becuase if they how do i send my scores in if application deadline is nov 1st...?
 

highlyfavored

obligated to serve God...
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2005
264
0
Status
Sirius77 said:
I didn't do so well either. I got a 70 composite. I need to really focus my time on the chemistry and math sections I really got worked over in those sections. Anybody recomend a good review book or refresher course for the chemistry and possibly the math portions of the pcat?
GRE math review is pretty good. Also Cliff notes for calculus and chemistry may help.
 

PhArMafReKan

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2006
31
0
CS
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
highlyfavored said:
GRE math review is pretty good. Also Cliff notes for calculus and chemistry may help.
is there a particular GRE book that you recommend?? Because I am especially nervous about the math section considering I have not taken calculus.
 

highlyfavored

obligated to serve God...
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2005
264
0
Status
PhArMafReKan said:
is there a particular GRE book that you recommend?? Because I am especially nervous about the math section considering I have not taken calculus.
I used the GRE math review book to brush up on word problems, geometry and algebra. I used Arco Gre Gmat Math Review. There's no calculus in it, though. I used Schaum's Easy Outline: Calculus [Paperback] by Ayres, Frank ; Mendelson... and calculus cliff notes to help with the calculus part.
 
OP
F

forph

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2006
29
0
45
Status
Pharmacist
I'm sorry for getting back so late....

Thank you all for your responses...
 

sASU

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2006
55
1
Scottsdale
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
OCt isn't too late, many schools will also accept the January Scores, even if their deadline is before January.
Would any of these January accepting schools happen to be Midwestern or UIC?
 
About the Ads