1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

pathology and pharmacology study guides and advice

Discussion in 'Dental' started by curlykid, Jun 14, 2008.

1. curlykid

curlykid Member
    10+ Year Member

do you have any suggestions for pathology and pharmacology studies guides? any useful resources? any suggestions on how to survive those classes? (particularly path)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. beannaithe

beannaithe Bionerd
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Stay on top of the material and make sure you stay current. I looked up a lot of pictures on the internet while I was studying. Wikipedia helps like none other.

I also really, really liked the Board Review Series for Pathology. It's a USMLE review book and totally worth it. I'd read it while I was learning that particular subject in class and it helped resoldify the information.

I also bought the BRS for Pharm, but didn't get to use it a whole lot because of really limited time that semester. Hope that helps. :)

4. 2quik

2quik Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I'm currently using Rapid Review for pathology, pretty good book that goes into some detail. It's in outline form and easy to read through quickly.

However, I shouldve just bought the first aid NBDE part 1 book (which im also using). Even less detail, probably the more relevant stuff for our boards thats why, yet very effective and easy to read. I'd recommend this book + your notes, you cant go wrong.

5. curlykid

curlykid Member
    10+ Year Member

any other advice?