pathology and pharmacology study guides and advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

curlykid

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
do you have any suggestions for pathology and pharmacology studies guides? any useful resources? any suggestions on how to survive those classes? (particularly path)

Members don't see this ad.

Stay on top of the material and make sure you stay current. I looked up a lot of pictures on the internet while I was studying. Wikipedia helps like none other.

I also really, really liked the Board Review Series for Pathology. It's a USMLE review book and totally worth it. I'd read it while I was learning that particular subject in class and it helped resoldify the information.

I also bought the BRS for Pharm, but didn't get to use it a whole lot because of really limited time that semester. Hope that helps. :)

I'm currently using Rapid Review for pathology, pretty good book that goes into some detail. It's in outline form and easy to read through quickly.

However, I shouldve just bought the first aid NBDE part 1 book (which im also using). Even less detail, probably the more relevant stuff for our boards thats why, yet very effective and easy to read. I'd recommend this book + your notes, you cant go wrong.