Pathology book

Started by Dral
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dral

Full Member
Staff member
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do any of you have recommendations for pocket style pathology reference books, if something like that even exists. I'm coming up on a surg path elective and would like some type of reference/study material that I can carry on me.

The only ones I've found thus far are books that are geared more toward preclinical pathology study.
 
dude, robbins makes a pocket guide. im totally getting that when i go back on rotations. if anything else exist that would just be gravy...
 
I don't offhand know of any "pocket" sized surg path books. If you have a handheld device with web access you can use pathologyoutlines.com on that. That is a text-based reference page with links to images, articles, etc. If you don't have one of those I am not sure what would work best.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wash U Surg Path manual - got it for $43 from Amazon.

Beat me to it. This is a nice compact surg path book. The main downside is that you have to view images online.
 
I think for a student the Robbin's pocket guide is fine. Residents probably have given up "pocket" size books. I'll have to check out Wash U's Surg Path manual, was not aware of it. 😉
 
Do any of you have recommendations for pocket style pathology reference books, if something like that even exists. I'm coming up on a surg path elective and would like some type of reference/study material that I can carry on me.

The only ones I've found thus far are books that are geared more toward preclinical pathology study.

Forget the Wash Manual. Robbins is golden. That's all you need.