Pathology Group/Practice Directory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zao275

Assistant Professor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
We recently added to the Pathology Wiki a directory of all private and academic pathology practices in the USA (and Canada): http://pathinfo.wikia.com/wiki/Pathology_Group_/_Practice_Directory. Obviously, this is brand new and still largely incomplete. It is a huge project and will take quite some time and a lot of help from the wiki users (as there are supposedly around 3300 practices in the US).

We hope that this will make it easier for residents and fellows to find places to work after they finish training. If any of you wouldn't mind adding your private practices (and links to your websites) to the list, it would be greatly appreciated! The academic programs should all be listed, as I transferred the list from the wiki residency/fellowship program directory.

The bad news is you may get more cold calls if you do this. The good news is that you are doing something valuable for poor young trainees who are looking for work!

Best regards,

Jerad

Members don't see this ad.

The bad news is you may get more cold calls if you do this. The good news is that you are doing something valuable for poor young trainees who are looking for work!

that was my first instinct as well . . . good heavens, if this gets carried away, someone someday will demand a private practice match!

but in all seriousness, i would personally like to see this happen. just to better understand which areas are covered and which aren't, who else is out there and where they are, etc.

I think this is a well intentioned idea and I appreciate you trying to help the situation. I don't think, however, that many private groups will voluntarily list themselves and/or their contact information. I hear so often from PP groups that even posting an ad on pathology outlines or the CAP website when they DO have an opening leads to hundreds (literally) of calls and emails of people who are palpably desperate and looking for work. I was told "It is almost like writing your phone number on the wall of a bathroom stall". This is why few groups advertise jobs and most don't have websites that list information beyond where to send a specimen. Given that, I can't imagine them wanting to put their info out there when they don't even have an opening.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I can't say I ever got a call after leaving my number on a bathroom stall.

I can't say I ever got a call after leaving my number on a bathroom stall.

Haha - well you might get a call from someone but it probably wouldn't be the person you wanted.

2121115 makes a great point. I also doubt that most groups would list their practice here. That is why I have a group of residents that are helping me to fill in this directory based mostly on publicly available info (google). Like the fellowship list we also created on the wiki, this info is out there, it is just not easy to find in one place. We are trying to fix that. It may flop, but we will give it a shot and see if it is useful or not. Thanks for the feedback!

Jerad