Pathology Images

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RLMD

blah
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the best source for pictures for path?
Webpath?
Big Robbins?
Robbins Qbook?
Other?

I was wondering if it is better to get little or baby Robbins to read and use Webpath for pictures?
Or should I just get big robbins for the pictures and read little or baby robbins?
Or is little robbins sufficient for pictures on its own?
Basically, Im looking for the best combination for reading text and studying images for path during the year, and then later for the boards. We have a systems based curriculum and not a lot of time for outside reading, so I dont want to use more books than I have to.

Members don't see this ad.

i would stick to webpath. i read baby robins and it was ok...to be honest i think the best thing is to just pay attention to lecture and pre read....on top of brs

My [baby] Robbins had a ton of great, "classic" path. pictures. It's a good source. WebPath had more challenging pictures.

All the path. pics on my exam were definitely of the "classic" variety.

My copy of baby robbins is in black and white and doesn't have any pictures it it...a few diagrams, but that's it! :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I wish people would stop saying "baby" robbins. Some people are talking about robbins basic pathology and some are talking about pocket robbins. i get confused.
robbins basic path has pictures but pocket robbins does not

we called them

papa robbins - big one
mama robbins - basic path
baby robbins - you know what it is..

:)

Well let's see...the new Big Robbins 7th ed.has a great advantage....
It is brand new...more pictures with better clarity...It has included in it the Clinical Correlation Case Study CDRom disc that you used to have to buy separately and...you get access to the Book website which has the full text of the book, all the images available for downloading and will have exam style questions for testing your knowledge.
:idea: Why buy Baby Robbins?

I know Robbins Basic Path has better pictures, but between basic path and baby robbins, which is better to read?