Pathology Interest Group?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xanthines

decaying organic matter
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So at my school they have all these interest groups like EM, Surg, FP, etc etc etc blah, but Pathology is disturbingly absent. I was thinking of starting a Path interest group and I found a Path Prof who vouched support for me, but I'm a little unsure of what kind of things we'd do (When I say "we", I have this sneaking suspicion that it will be just me). Any ideas? I guess I could try to organize trips to the ME's office or maybe set up some praeceptorships in pathology in addition to the binge-drinking parties. I'm hoping my interest group will lure more people into pathology. I even made a crappy logo, but I'm not sure how to attach it.

-X

Members don't see this ad.

At our school, the interest group meets once a month and usually has a different faculty speaker present an interesting topic. The year usually begins with an introduction to the field for those who don't know much about it, and one meeting involves the attendance of some of the residents so they can talk about the program, the field, pros/cons, lifestyle, outlook, etc.

Glad to hear you're trying to start one up. Good for you. Hope everything works out.

xanthines said:
I even made a crappy logo, but I'm not sure how to attach it.

-X

i'm interested to see your logo...

Members don't see this ad :)
Ha ha, I could become a real dingus then the groups could be Notorious P.I.G.

Andy- I haven't even started my PhD yet! I need something to do in the meantime, so pour yourself a nice frothy mug of STFU! :p

-X

deschutes said:
Pathology Interest Group. P.I.G., in a word.

I like the idea (I fought a similar battle), but the name might need a bit of help :)

xanthines said:
Ha ha, I could become a real dingus then the groups could be Notorious P.I.G.

Andy- I haven't even started my PhD yet! I need something to do in the meantime, so pour yourself a nice frothy mug of STFU! :p

-X
Now X-boy, that was pretty weak. If you're gonna use the cup/mug of STFU line, you gotta append a picture or it just doesn't have the same impact.

STFU.jpg

cookiemonster.jpg

arnoldstfu.jpg

stfu_50.jpg

Stfu.jpg

And by calling your group the Notorious P.I.G. would be down right laughable.

At my school the Pediatrics Interest Group (PIG) would be up in arms if a path group started calling themselves PIG. Better check to make sure that the miniature-adult doctors aren't using your acronym before you start making flyers.

UCSFbound said:
At my school the Pediatrics Interest Group (PIG) would be up in arms if a path group started calling themselves PIG. Better check to make sure that the miniature-adult doctors aren't using your acronym before you start making flyers.
I would sincerely hope that anyone interested in Path wouuld be sensible enough to not start a war over the right to call oneself "PIG". :p

UCSFbound said:

You think that's bad? The Neurology Interest Group got suspended from campus and had their tires slashed.

fedor said:
You think that's bad? The Neurology Interest Group got suspended from campus and had their tires slashed.

Thats sweet. (No offense)