Pathology Mentors

pharmstudent993

Freshman in HS
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I was simply wondering if there are any pathology mentors out there? Thank you all for your replies in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

What are pathology mentors ?

By "pathology mentor", I simply mean any mentor or moderator that is specializing or planning to specialize in pathology--research and/or clinical/anatomic pathology.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not interested in pathology any more than any other field but I'm considering doing a post-sophomore path fellowship. It's a year long fellowship my school offers between M2 and M3 where you essentially act as a 1st year path resident. I think it would help me in any field I go into, not just pathology.

Any questions I can answer?

Hi all,
I was simply wondering if there are any pathology mentors out there? Thank you all for your replies in advance.

Any reasons for you to specialize in pathology ?

I find the field extremely fascinating--I can read RCPBD like it's a novel. lol--and I immensely enjoy looking at histology and histopathology slides. So, I am considering the field, though I do have quite a long time until I get there:).

I find the field extremely fascinating--I can read RCPBD like it's a novel. lol--and I immensely enjoy looking at histology and histopathology slides. So, I am considering the field, though I do have quite a long time until I get there:).
It took me a few seconds to figure out what you were referring to with RCPBD. :rolleyes: Just fyi, most med students call it "Big Robbins".

I suggest surfing the SDN Pathology sub-forum. There are many pathology residents (and a few attendings) that lurk there.