Pathology Program looking for PGY2, 3, or 4's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

srdlm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My pathology residency program, Loyola University, in Maywood (near Chicago), IL, has a couple extra openings because our current PGY2 and 3 classes are smaller. We're hoping to get some PGY2, 3, or 4 residents for the 2009-2010 academic year. Anyone interested? We had one resident decide to do CP only, which means she finish a year early, leaving an opening in her class. The other resident decided to switch to internal medicine.

We get about 26,000 surgical specimens a year. Residents gross large cases, and PAs do biopsies and singleton placentas. Our CP program is very strong as well, and our residents traditionally excel at this portion of the RISE. We have daily didactic lectures and unknown sessions with attendings. Our fellows also give conferences (cytology, surgical pathology, hematopathology).

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi srdlm. Who should I contact regarding these openings?

Thanks

you have daily unknown conferences? or just daily conferences of which some are the unknown type?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi srdlm. Who should I contact regarding these openings?

Thanks
You should contact
Vicki Baertschi
Education Coordinator
Department of Pathology
Loyola University Medical Center
2160 South First Avenue
Bldg. 103, Room 0177
Maywood, IL 60153
Tel: (708) 216-5591
Fax: (708) 216-8225

you have daily unknown conferences? or just daily conferences of which some are the unknown type?
We have daily conferences, but they are not all unknown conferences. We have AP unknowns every Friday and CP unknowns once a month.

IMHO this looks like a very good program. While the program is not on the list of "top 5" programs according to Pathstudent (UCSF, University of Wash, JHU, BWH, and Stanford) , on paper I do not see any big red flags