Pathology Text

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Which path text do you or did you use at your school?

  • Robbins Pathological Basis of Disease ("adult Robbins")

    Votes: 23 88.5%
  • Robbins Basic Pathology ("baby Robbins")

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Rubin & Farber

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Other (please specify in post)

    Votes: 1 3.8%

  • Total voters
    26
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I say: Chandrasoma and Taylor... It's a Lange publication

I am a big fan of Lange books, btw.. They are so concise and to the point... Just wonderful.
 
Originally posted by Annette
baby Robbins really doesn't have enough info in it.

I use it a lot for review. As an example, I used the heavy Robbins to learn about the inflammatory process back in first year. We were assigned the same reading again in second year cardiology. I've obviously forgotten alot in a year, but not enough to justify re-reading the same chapter. I bring out my pocket-sized Baby Robbins and get a great refresher course in about 20 minutes.

Take care,
Jeff
MS-II, UTMB