Pathway to success

Started by timothyl
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

timothyl

Aspiring Physical Therapi
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all. I've been lurking for a while and decided this would be my first post on sdn. I'm looking to go into PT as a non-trad. I graduated 4 years ago with a Bachelors in Radio-TV-Film (I wanted to be a writer). After trying to break into the entertainment industry, and working 9-5 jobs, I felt no sense of fulfillment in what I did. This past year, I realized that it's not too late for me to change careers, and that I would pursue PT. I am in the process of taking pre-reqs and am sitting at about a 2.74 undergrad GPA. I am located in Southern California, and let me tell you, getting classes at ANY community college is tough to near impossible. Any help or advice would be much appreciated, as I see that the PT community to be a lot more encouraging than other professions (PT is low on the cutthroat spectrum). I am currently volunteering at 2 different locations, but plan on going full-time student mode in the coming months. If anyone else is on the same track I would love to hear your stories/and or triumphs. Stories of low gpa but big heart getting into PT school always provides a feeling of encouragement. So bring those on! Thanks guys.