patient handouts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ParaVert

Interventional Pain
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any slick 3-fold brochures for conditions/procedures that they regularly use? I'm looking to either make or purchase some handout materials to speed things up a bit.

Members don't see this ad.

Most vendors will get these for you.

Making up your own is always better, but is time consuming and costly.

drdillon.com has some great swarm flash files for pain procedures. spineuniverse.com is also good.

Stryker printed decompressor brochures for my office, and KRAMES publishes 3 fold pain patient handouts that most docs use.

ANS, AB, and Medrtonic all make brochures and videos for SCS.
Purdue has a catalogof educational materials for docs and patients. available for free from your Purdue rep.

i have done the brochure thing.... and i am not convinced that it has helped and therefore i stopped

i had the reps pay for the different brochures i had - so they were basically free... so it wasn't a cost issue.

i found that a lot of patients freaked out with the brochures because they explained TOO much -

then i had patients complain after the procedure that the brochure wasn't specific enough...

i had more phone calls that were brochure related when i had brochures, and since i stopped brochures that is no longer a problem...

just make sure that you proof-read all of your brochures... one of the first brochures i used was for RFs, and it was a standard brochure that said that the patient would receive IV sedation... of course, i never/rarely use IV sedation for much of anything.... a few patients freaked out, when we did the procedure without sedation because they were all mentally prepared to be snowed for the procedure...