Patient reviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shikima

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reactions: 1 user
There is a variety of evidence that suggests that patient satisfaction (and customer satisfaction in general) is correlated to cost of the service. This is why clinic doctors and doctors who take a lot of indigent patients, unsurprisingly, have lower patient satisfaction surveys. There are several ways to improve patient satisfaction that will materially make an impact (and not just be bureaucratic lip service), and one key way is to filter out indigent patients through insurance selection, membership fees, and geography.

There has also been a lot of work showing that patient satisfaction is not correlated with health outcomes.

If medical services are provided uniformly without the above considerations, individuals who tend to give negative ratings will end up getting less access to care. A different way to say this is he's a bit cavalier about the review because unlike a restauranteur (who also has mortgage to pay), the supply-demand curve favors him tremendously. He doesn't have to care about reviews because the reviews don't matter. There aren't enough neurologists in Scottsdale Arizona that no matter how ****ty you are in customer service you'll fill your practice. And at the end of the day, we can just assume that it's not gonna be ****tier than your usual Medicaid clinic.

Reactions: 2 users
There is a variety of evidence that suggests that patient satisfaction (and customer satisfaction in general) is correlated to cost of the service. This is why clinic doctors and doctors who take a lot of indigent patients, unsurprisingly, have lower patient satisfaction surveys. There are several ways to improve patient satisfaction that will materially make an impact (and not just be bureaucratic lip service), and one key way is to filter out indigent patients through insurance selection, membership fees, and geography.

There has also been a lot of work showing that patient satisfaction is not correlated with health outcomes.

If medical services are provided uniformly without the above considerations, individuals who tend to give negative ratings will end up getting less access to care. A different way to say this is he's a bit cavalier about the review because unlike a restauranteur (who also has mortgage to pay), the supply-demand curve favors him tremendously. He doesn't have to care about reviews because the reviews don't matter. There aren't enough neurologists in Scottsdale Arizona that no matter how ****ty you are in customer service you'll fill your practice. And at the end of the day, we can just assume that it's not gonna be ****tier than your usual Medicaid clinic.

Well, aren't you a ray of sunshine? ;-)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
There is a variety of evidence that suggests that patient satisfaction (and customer satisfaction in general) is correlated to cost of the service. This is why clinic doctors and doctors who take a lot of indigent patients, unsurprisingly, have lower patient satisfaction surveys.

Interesting because my experience, anecdotal only, has been the majority of lower economic or indigent patients who actually show up for and are engaged in treatment tend to be gracious, somewhat subservient and complacent with regard to the quality of the providers they are assigned.

This excludes those intent on only receiving benzos/stims/opiates when not indicated who voice their displeasure with my service loud and clear in which cases I could give a rip.

Interesting because my experience, anecdotal only, has been the majority of lower economic or indigent patients who actually show up for and are engaged in treatment tend to be gracious, somewhat subservient and complacent with regard to the quality of the providers they are assigned.

This excludes those intent on only receiving benzos/stims/opiates when not indicated who voice their displeasure with my service loud and clear in which cases I could give a rip.
Exactly. The two get conflated because of economic drift. In other words, patients who use substances tend to lower their socio-economic status and then mix in with people with mental illness and low IQ. They then tend to take advantage of them either more or less depending on their degree of sociopathy.