Pattern folding PAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mOlar1!

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
okay so it's been weeks since i have been practicing PAT with generators everyday and I have improved significantly. only section i left out was pattern folding which I started a week ago and I am literally getting so frustated because I can't get more than 1 or 2 right per every 5 questions. I do not see any unique shape. the generators for this section are no help bc even though Ari mentioned in his tutorial not to mentally fold it in, basically the pattern folding generator forces me to do so. I swear I don't have the eyes to see unique shape. any advice on how to tackle this section? thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

high PAT scores are 100% practice. Pattern folding used to be my weakness too so I get how you feel! Spend an hour a day on PAT and you will be fine. My tip is that every time you get something wrong or write, make sure you understand why all the other options were incorrect. It helped me tons!

high PAT scores are 100% practice. Pattern folding used to be my weakness too so I get how you feel! Spend an hour a day on PAT and you will be fine. My tip is that every time you get something wrong or write, make sure you understand why all the other options were incorrect. It helped me tons!
so I literally kept a sheet with where I write which question I missed and why. but I hate how time consuming it is like orgo and PAT are weak section, they both end up taking so much of my study time, it gets highly frustrating.

so I literally kept a sheet with where I write which question I missed and why. but I hate how time consuming it is like orgo and PAT are weak section, they both end up taking so much of my study time, it gets highly frustrating.
You mentioned it's only been a week, I didn't really see pat improvements for myself until much longer. Keep at it - each mistake that you make while practicing is one less mistake on the DAT! If you've got time and money ($95) I really liked the pat prep from DATgenius. But if you're short on either of those I promise persistence will work out just fine! I went from scoring ~5/15 to ~13/15 on pattern folding

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'll def get to DAT genius then. Thank you so much for motivation and advice haha. P.S, good luck on your dat.

I'll def get to DAT genius then. Thank you so much for motivation and advice haha. P.S, good luck on your dat.
Thanks! Their explanations for PAT is what I found really helpful - literally pages long per question. Hopefully that works well for you

Thanks! Their explanations for PAT is what I found really helpful - literally pages long per question. Hopefully that works well for you

how is his orgo stuff? I looked at his DAT bio outline and boy that was 380 pages and I was like your username. SO I sticked with my kaplan, ferali's bootcamp and destroyer's lol.

how is his orgo stuff? I looked at his DAT bio outline and boy that was 380 pages and I was like your username. SO I sticked with my kaplan, ferali's bootcamp and destroyer's lol.

DAT genius' orgo stuff? Chads + destroyer is allegedly all you need for orgo, but genius is nice because it's a whole new set of questions for more breadth. It's not nearly as tough as destroyer - maybe as tough as bootcamp or a little less. But the explanations are also very detailed. Genius is basically like bootcamp but with different questions and much longer explanations

I had a mental breakdown a month after practicing PAT every day because I was barely improving, but then I bought Achiever (first the 3 test version, then upgraded to the 7 test version) because I heard it kills you on PAT but does wonders for your score. I was averaging 19s/20s on Bootcamp PAT's, then took three Achiever PAT tests, and my Bootcamp scores went up to a 22s/23s right after! If you don't mind spending the money at this point try it out-- it comes with practice tests for every subject but I only had time to use the PAT portion of it

On a side note, is the real pattern folding section more similar to the BC pattern folding generators or the actual BC practice tests? The generators are very scary

On a side note, is the real pattern folding section more similar to the BC pattern folding generators or the actual BC practice tests? The generators are very scary
AMEN to that lmfao. dude the generators for pattern folding are ridiculous bc my eyes cannot function 5 problems within the starting it. but practice questions are more doable.

AMEN to that lmfao. dude the generators for pattern folding are ridiculous bc my eyes cannot function 5 problems within the starting it. but practice questions are more doable.
lol yeah they're pretty bad. I guess our best bet would be to practice a little bit of both just in case. I think strengthening the sections you're good at would be a good strategy, so that if you're kinda shaky on 1 or 2 of the 6 sections but solid on the rest you can compensate.