SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

pattern folding pat

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by 997GT3, Mar 25, 2007.

1. 997GT3

997GT3 There is no substitute. 10+ Year Member

Jul 28, 2006
    what's the best way to complete the pattern folding part? There are some complicated ones that are next to impossible to figure out.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Awuah29

Awuah29 Christian predent 7+ Year Member

Oct 13, 2003
    New Jersey
    do you best! compare the given figures with one another and eliminate wrong answer choices land pray that you got most of them right:idea:

4. Lurchdubious

Lurchdubious the Homeless Ninja 7+ Year Member

Mar 24, 2007
    VA
    just look for the subtle differences that will help you quickly eliminate the wrong answer choices, such as two shaded sides touching each other. you'll find pretty quickly that you can eliminate at least two of the answers in about 8-10 seconds.

5. Loop

Loop 2+ Year Member

Mar 17, 2007
    I would practice with real sheets of paper. The barrons book includes a few practice sheets you can fold and punch through with your pencil.

How I do it is go through the folds mentally in my head, and then work backwards. As in, I see where the hole is, and in my mind I unfold the piece of paper and plot the points where the holes are going as I unfold it. Im sure this is no big secret of course.....

Like I said, Id really just get those cutouts and try them. Its a lot harder to picture it on paper but once you actually have the object in your hands, it makes learning how it works much easier. In my opinion you dont want to waste time on elimination of answers for this section. You just want to get the correct answer in your mind and then look for it. Our brains work differently than each other though, so really its whatever works best for you, but id give those cutouts a try.

6. 997GT3

997GT3 There is no substitute. 10+ Year Member

Jul 28, 2006
    I think there's been a confusion. The pattern folding is the one with the 3D images.

7. Loop

Loop 2+ Year Member

Mar 17, 2007
    lol, you are very right, thats what I get for making a post at 6:50AM....5 minutes after waking up :(

Yeah, these things kick my rearend. I wouldnt mind finding more of these things to work with and get the idea of them down.