Pauses between sections of the DAT

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by DentalKitty, May 16, 2007.

1. DentalKitty

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I know that we get an official break after the PAT. But how does it work between the Sci and PAT and between the RC and QR sections. When you submit your final answer in Sci or RC, does it immediately switch screens to the next section and start the clock, or do you have to click that you're ready to begin the next section? I'm just curious in case I need time to erase. The Kaplan practice tests always let you pause in between, but I didn't know if the real one does. Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. gigit

gigit Membership Revoked
    Removed

If you still have time left for that section after submitting the final answer, it will not immediately switch screen to the next section unless you choose to do so at the Review page by pressing the End button. Most people will navigate from there to questions they have skipped and marked till time is up.

The only break you'll have is the 15 minute between PAT and RC. And if you don't come back in time, your RC clock will begin ticking.

4. DentalKitty

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Right, I got that, but when it does take you out of Sci and RC and to the next section, does the clock start automatically or do you have to actually click a button to begin the next section like in Kaplan? Thanks.

5. Streetwolf

Streetwolf Ultra Senior Member
    Dentist 7+ Year Member

Dentist
    You have to confirm that you have finished the section you are on before it puts you on the next section. As long as you have time left, this is an option. You can either voluntarily move on to the next section or wait until time expires. Once time expires you will automatically be brought to the next section.