PAVE or ECFVG beginner!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Beavet

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I recently started to get myself into trying to get the license in the USA. I´m a veterinary graduated in Spain. Right now I´m going to apply for the Toelf. I was wondering if there is anyone trying to accomplish the same thing or they already done everything. Ideas, suggestions, tips... Should I enroll in the PAVE or ECFVG? Anyone in Illinois that will like to talk to me or any other state is fine as well. Moral support?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi I recently completed the entire ECFVG. I think it was very costly and long winded and very stressful with respect to the CPE which I was able to pass on my first attempt.

I would definitely consider cost and training opportunities when deciding which to do. Esp when it comes to get training for the cpe portion of the ecfvg. Well training of an appropriate standard. few people help out immigrants and I guess licensed ecfvg training programs are like exhorbatant for no valid reason. it can be as high as like 17000 usd for proper ones like vstep. But they are dedicated to you so that is the only good thing. But this is just as much as the cost to complete the entire ecfvg program alone with travel and accommodation included or a year at a uni with pave. with the pave you actually pay the university like a semester tuition fee and you have an actual clinical training year just like other regular vet students. Definitely get better preparation without having to be worried about sourcing that for the ecfvg and you can get references if you do really well too. Helps for the post accreditation life esp if you want to Ursula internships. I know people who did the pave and said it was shorter for them and the clinics experience was great.

On the other hand I didn't pay for all the fancy ecfvg courses I really did my own training with whom I could, studied as much as I could and muscled through when I got there. but that is not for everyone to do that. hope this helps some.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi I recently completed the entire ECFVG. I think it was very costly and long winded and very stressful with respect to the CPE which I was able to pass on my first attempt.

I would definitely consider cost and training opportunities when deciding which to do. Esp when it comes to get training for the cpe portion of the ecfvg. Well training of an appropriate standard. few people help out immigrants and I guess licensed ecfvg training programs are like exhorbatant for no valid reason. it can be as high as like 17000 usd for proper ones like vstep. But they are dedicated to you so that is the only good thing. But this is just as much as the cost to complete the entire ecfvg program alone with travel and accommodation included or a year at a uni with pave. with the pave you actually pay the university like a semester tuition fee and you have an actual clinical training year just like other regular vet students. Definitely get better preparation without having to be worried about sourcing that for the ecfvg and you can get references if you do really well too. Helps for the post accreditation life esp if you want to Ursula internships. I know people who did the pave and said it was shorter for them and the clinics experience was great.

On the other hand I didn't pay for all the fancy ecfvg courses I really did my own training with whom I could, studied as much as I could and muscled through when I got there. but that is not for everyone to do that. hope this helps some.

Thank you! That is the most scary part the CPE but it is true that with the PAVE seems so much better but also paying a semester tuition fee will be even more expensive that anything else (I think). I just want to make sure that I take the right option since is going to be expensive and stressful, I´m like 70% sure that I will do the ECFVG but I´m still making sure that is the right one for me. If there is any advice or anything that you feel that is important for me to know since you did complete the ECFVG I will love to read about it! Thanks and congratulation!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello and thank you for that information. I’m thinking about getting enrolled in the PAVE program, but I’m scared that it could be very costly specially because there are few things that I need training for and doing the ecfvg worries me. Well, I have few months before deciding.

How long it took you to pass entire ECFVG, from the moment of registretion to a moment when you got your license?

Hello and thank you for that information. I’m thinking about getting enrolled in the PAVE program, but I’m scared that it could be very costly specially because there are few things that I need training for and doing the ecfvg worries me. Well, I have few months before deciding.
Hi Gaby, did you decide which program you would go through with? Just curious because I am having a tough decision as well.

Hello I was wondering if any of you went through the PAVE program and if so, how much did it end up costing you in the end? I like the idea of the Pave's clinical rotations, and also am thinking of specializing in Exotic pet and Wildlife medicine, do any of you know if I would be able to take a course in the uni at the same time as the PAVE clinical training portion?

Hello everyone! I recently started to get myself into trying to get the license in the USA. I´m a veterinary graduated in Spain. Right now I´m going to apply for the Toelf. I was wondering if there is anyone trying to accomplish the same thing or they already done everything. Ideas, suggestions, tips... Should I enroll in the PAVE or ECFVG? Anyone in Illinois that will like to talk to me or any other state is fine as well. Moral support?
Hello

Hello. I’m confused. I’m a graduate from Colombia and I want to get licensed in Florida. Are there two paths to take to accomplish this? (PAVE or ECFVG)? What are the differences. With the PAVE do you still have to take the BCSE?

Hi there!
I’m a veterinarian from Spain, currently about to take the TOEFL exam and seeking to start preparing for BSCE. Any sort of advice, besides study with merkmanual and Zuku?
Also, what are the chances to get into college to do the training year after passing BSCE with a really poor GPA from my degree in Spain?

Reactions: 1 user
Hello

Hello. I’m confused. I’m a graduate from Colombia and I want to get licensed in Florida. Are there two paths to take to accomplish this? (PAVE or ECFVG)? What are the differences. With the PAVE do you still have to take the BCSE?
Hi! Yes there are two options to get licensed in the US which are PAve and the BCSE. I’m a graduate from Bolivia and I’m the process of studying for the BCSE (which I choose based on the amount of money needed to be invested, PAVE is more expensive)! I signed for zuku because everyone said wonderful things about!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Gaby, did you decide which program you would go through with? Just curious because I am having a tough decision as well.
I am very sorry that I just saw this right now. I'm going for PAVE program. The vet I used to work with encouraged me to go for it. You get more training and yes, it's costly but it's worth it. I'm starting registration for PAVE soon.

Hey! I am a PAVE student, currently doing 1 year of clinical rotations at Oklahoma State University. I have have made a small youtube video about different pathways of becoming a DVM in North America. This video may answer some of your questions. Let me know if you need any additional information. I will be posting new videos in the near future. My channel is Pet Vet go:

Reactions: 1 users
Let me know if I can help you guys in any way.

Hi there, I'm enrolled for the January qse but I have no other source than Zuku review, will it be enough ??
HI! I am making a new video tomorrow. I hope that you will get the answers to all of your questions. Let me know if you need any help.

Hi guys! This is my new video on QSE/BCSE exams. I am currently doing one year of clinical rotations through PAVE program at Oklahoma State University. Let me know if you need any help.

Hi guys! This is my new video on QSE/BCSE exams. I am currently doing one year of clinical rotations through PAVE program at Oklahoma State University. Let me know if you need any help.

Hello. Congrats on passing and getting accepted in the school.

I wanted to ask what sources did you use?
I'm mostly doing zuku's questionnaires, videos and notes, along with Merck Manual. But I'm not sure if that's going to be enough. I personally dont have that much time to study so I'm getting really nervous. Could you give us some advice or recommendations about the sources or how to study? Thank you.

Hello. Congrats on passing and getting accepted in the school.

I wanted to ask what sources did you use?
I'm mostly doing zuku's questionnaires, videos and notes, along with Merck Manual. But I'm not sure if that's going to be enough. I personally dont have that much time to study so I'm getting really nervous. Could you give us some advice or recommendations about the sources or how to study? Thank you.
Thanks! I mainly studied from zuku and used Merck only for the reference. Just try to complete zuku's study mode and the test mode. You will do great. Good luck!

We have watsapp group for BSCE /ECFVG..ping me on 4704183446 to get into it.