PAVE or ECFVG ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Therio

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am from Egypt & I want to admit to veterinary graduate school @
USA. The admission department told me to provide them ECFVG or PAVE certificate. My question which one is more acceptable by USA schools & which one is easier ?

Members don't see this ad.

PAVE is not accepted in all states, so it depends on where you want to live. I have heard that PAVE is simpler (less components) and perhaps cheaper. As to any schools' preferences, I have no idea. You'd have to contact admissions or look at some websites for further info.

Good luck!

I am from Egypt & I want to admit to veterinary graduate school @
USA. The admission department told me to provide them ECFVG or PAVE certificate. My question which one is more acceptable by USA schools & which one is easier ?
Hi Therio,
I'm in my 4th year of vet school in Cairo University and I know I have to take the PAVE or ECFVG,after looking into both it seems to me that PAVE would be easier..I know this post id pretty old so I would like to know what you did...

Members don't see this ad :)
Is PAVE really cheaper? I would not think so, considering you have to take a whole year of clinicals at an American vet program.
ECFVG is under $10,000 including most external fees.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello I was wondering if any of you went through the PAVE program and if so, how much did it end up costing you in the end? I like the idea of the Pave's clinical rotations and training, and also am thinking of specializing in Exotic pet and wildlife medicine, do any of you know if I would be able to take a course in the uni at the same time as the PAVE clinical training portion?