Pay for part-time IPR coverage

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jeff6806

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to be interviewing for part-time coverage for an IPR unit and was hoping others could give me some insight as to what I should be asking for in regard to pay. I normally work as a consultant at a couple SNFs and clinic/EMGs with an ortho group so I have no prior experience with IPR post-residency to fall back on in negotiation. I don't know their average census or admissions/discharges per day so I was trying to get an idea on here of what people with production-based IPR contracts are getting which seems like anywhere from $50-75/wRVU but I'm not sure if I should be basing pay for coverage off these full-time contracts. If I was required to perform consults I would expect that basing my pay off production would be adequate for this as well but would also like to know what would be normal reimbursement for any overnight call coverage. This would be at a private hospital so no residents helping with notes or managing the overnight calls for me. I appreciate any help or insight you can give me in figuring this out prior to my interview so I at least have a starting point for negotiation.

Members don't see this ad.