Paying back loans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eamuscatuli

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm looking at $107,000 in total debt for college and grad school. I was curious about how repayment might look like so I used an online calculator. Apparently, I would need a salary of $183,000 to repay. Obviously this is not correct.

Half of this is subsidized, how hard is it to pay off PT debt? Just curious, I'm fairly new to all this. I've never needed a luxurious lifestyle, so I'm not worried about living within my means.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'd say you're definitely going to have to watch your budget for quite a few years to wittle away at that. Try to find jobs in rural or underserved locations that might offer tuition reimbursement. Try to work a home-health shift every other Saturday or try to get a travel PT position-- you would have at least a 50-mile commute, but this might be worth it temporarily. When it comes down to it, try not to stress about the debt-- it might be hard to pay off, but at least you're paying it off with ~60K annual pay instead of something like ~30K :/

You'll get there!