Paying for PharmD Degree

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
rxgal8 said:
oh...thanks :) So the standard repayment plan is 10 years long but you can choose to take longer, that's good to know.

I believe you can consolidate your loans with Sallie Mae.. it's called the Smart Loan.

Members don't see this ad.

ZpackSux said:
I believe you can consolidate your loans with Sallie Mae.. it's called the Smart Loan.
This is all correct: you can consolidate your loans with Sallie Mae, and you can select from a variety of repayment options. If you feel that you cannot afford to pay off your loans in the standard Stafford loan 10 year period, one strategy is to elect a longer term (e.g. 30 years), and pay a little more each month than is required. You'll end up paying less interest than if you stick to the longer payment schedule, but you won't be locked into the high monthly payments of a shorter schedule.

rxgal8 said:
oh...thanks :) So the standard repayment plan is 10 years long but you can choose to take longer, that's good to know.

it also depends on your lender. At nova, they have thier own lender...but what they don't tell you is that you can sign up with this lender called access...and that you reduce your interest rate on your loan by more than half.

I'm going loans all the way. I plan to do the 30 year one and pay them more than that amount.

Because setting the years only gives you a minimun you have to pay...it doesn't say you can't pay more a month. My idea is to have a low monthly in case anything bad happens, I can still pay it. But at the same time, I plan to pay double or triple of that a month to try to get rid of the loan ASAP.

Members don't see this ad :)
ChemAngel said:
Because setting the years only gives you a minimun you have to pay...it doesn't say you can't pay more a month. My idea is to have a low monthly in case anything bad happens, I can still pay it. But at the same time, I plan to pay double or triple of that a month to try to get rid of the loan ASAP.
Exactly! Thanks for clarifying my point, ChemAngel!

since i go to a private school, i wish that i could get more from my private lender to pay for rent, etc... so i dont have to collect cans or fight with other students in finding a job. :mad:

Jeddevil said:
I wrote the quoted thread here. I did so from school, and apparently I was not logged in and Minoos was, and I posted under the Minoos name on accident. I don't know Minoos, or know if he/she has the same opinions, so I wanted to clear up the mistake. My apologies to Minoos.

I've done the same thing and had to delete and redo my posting. In fact, Minoos was logged in on this computer when I was attempting to make this posting....