pbl?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medmom

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
which school offer it?
1. West virgina
2. Virginia
3. Kirksville
4. Michigan
5. Lake erie
6. Maine
7. New jersey
8. Washington
Has anyone done it? What did you like/dislike?

Members don't see this ad.

medmom said:
which school offer it?
1. West virgina
2. Virginia
3. Kirksville
4. Michigan
5. Lake erie
6. Maine
7. New jersey
8. Washington
Has anyone done it? What did you like/dislike?

Not on your list, but Oklahoma State offers it, and it is very beneficial. It allows you to go through the entire process of having a patient, and greatly improves your diagnostic skills.

OSUdoc08 said:
Not on your list, but Oklahoma State offers it, and it is very beneficial. It allows you to go through the entire process of having a patient, and greatly improves your diagnostic skills.

OSU-COM has an extensive PBL course during MS2. There is no full PBL program, though.

I thoroughly agree with OSUdoc's assessment of the course, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
WVSOM offers both SBL and PBL, you get to choose.

Thanks Canuck. Do you know how far you would have to travel for during 3rd and 4th year? Or do you have to move?

medmom said:
Thanks Canuck. Do you know how far you would have to travel for during 3rd and 4th year? Or do you have to move?

ummm, I am not sure how far, but I do know that you will that you will have to travel. There was a post somewhere on the pre-osteo forum that had a link to a webiste that showed where all the teaching hospitals are that WVSOM uses. I will look for it.

LECOM-Erie offers a limited number of seats for PBL; LECOM-Bradenton is completely PBL.

Canuck99 said:
ummm, I am not sure how far, but I do know that you will that you will have to travel. There was a post somewhere on the pre-osteo forum that had a link to a webiste that showed where all the teaching hospitals are that WVSOM uses. I will look for it.

Found it. See if this link helps,

http://www.wvsom.edu/OPTI/AffiliatedHospitals.htm

Thanks Canuck99. I tried to find that last night but was not successful.