PCAT 2017-2018 KEY POINTS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmRae

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, so most of you may know by now that the pcat has updated so anyone that has the collins packets prior to the 2016-2017 update let me tell you the only thing useful about it is breaking down the basics and key concepts. However the format and structure of the test has change. Invest in an up to date collins, as well as practice practice practice on pearson review for the sake of time as well as to get into the habit of being exposed to the testing format. Molec and cell, tissues, and disease! Know it!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello all, so most of you may know by now that the pcat has updated so anyone that has the collins packets prior to the 2016-2017 update let me tell you the only thing useful about it is breaking down the basics and key concepts. However the format and structure of the test has change.
really??? Blood is not filtrated in kidney anymore? Or it became a green color? Our bones changed their shape? And HIV virus became bacteria?
HCl is all over sudden became organic weak acid?? Adenosine is no longer paired with thymine!!
Common![/quote]

, as well as practice practice practice on pearson review for the sake of time as well as to get into the habit of being exposedKnow it!
Best what you can do practice and practice, and pay attention in your schience classes

Hello all, so most of you may know by now that the pcat has updated so anyone that has the collins packets prior to the 2016-2017 update let me tell you the only thing useful about it is breaking down the basics and key concepts. However the format and structure of the test has change. Invest in an up to date collins, as well as practice practice practice on pearson review for the sake of time as well as to get into the habit of being exposed to the testing format. Molec and cell, tissues, and disease! Know it!

I used collins from 2014-2015 to study for the Jan '17 PCAT. 99 CHEM/BIO, 98 composite. It worked fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
In case someone didn't take microbiology yet, You should supplement with a microbiology book. Kaplan really lacks microbiology, especially in naming microbs.
I agree. Very short section not much detail.