PCAT and CA schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lxwishinxstarxl

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi!
I was wondering, if we are applying to a school (specifically a CA school) that does not require the PCAT, would a low score on it affect us negatively?

Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi!
I was wondering, if we are applying to a school (specifically a CA school) that does not require the PCAT, would a low score on it affect us negatively?

Thanks!

No, PCAT scores are not evaluated at all by California schools (and a few non-CA schools- check pharmcas). If you did well, you could mention it in your personal statement though to validate your academic prowess.
 
They will not even consider the scores. As far as I know the test will have no bearing on your chances of getting accepted

That's...lame. 🙁 I have a 3.3 gpa but a 93% PCAT. The only reason my GPA is so low is because of freshman year problems...*sigh* I don't understand why California schools don't accept PCAT when it's a standardized test...
 
Well I'm glad there's both pcat and nonpcat schools so those with low gpa but stellar pcats have a chance and those with good gpa but bad at testing also have a chance. Then there's those who are good at both :/ urghhhhhh lol
 
Well I'm glad there's both pcat and nonpcat schools so those with low gpa but stellar pcats have a chance and those with good gpa but bad at testing also have a chance. Then there's those who are good at both :/ urghhhhhh lol

👍