Mar 3, 2010
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Hi everyone. I really need advice on this.

I plan of applying to pharmacy schools for this upcoming cycle (2011 admissions). I want to take the October PCAT this year, but many of the schools' application deadlines are in November and December. I'm afraid my score for the October PCAT won't be sent in time to those schools (Pearson says they take about 6 weeks to start sending out scores).

I know you're all thinking that I should take the June or August PCAT then, but I won't be prepared by then because I will have a very busy summer with no time to study for the PCAT until mid-August.

What should I do? Is taking the October PCAT cutting it too closely if I want to apply to schools with November/December deadlines? Has anyone taken the October PCAT and successfully got their score sent to schools with Fall application deadlines on time?

Mar 3, 2010
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Over 100 views and no replies? =[

Simplified, my question is really asking if taking the October PCAT is too late for the upcoming application cycle. Anyone?

chemguy79

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2006
Chapel Hill
It depends on the school; However, you should be fine. If you contact the school's admissions office, they should be able to tell you what scores they will look at for the current application cycle.

From personal experience, I scored a 99th percentile on the January 2010 PCAT and my scores were too late to be used on the current application cycle.

Jan 18, 2010
Status
I would think not. I spoke with one of the schools I was interested in and they indicated that we can submit the rest of the application while we wait for the PCAT scores. I would suggest contacting the school to check what their policy is. But it should be OK.